Formula E and virtual reality
2017-05-25 08:27:04 UTC
I find F E pretty interesting. I'm puzzled by the appeal of the fan bost feature they have, but other things interest me.

Look at this
https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2017/05/formula-e-immerses-fans-with-vr-for-a-new-perspective-on-live-races/

“We are delighted to bring fans updated content alongside new features to our Virtually Live-Formula E App including the ability to not just be able to stand anywhere on a race track. [Fans are] also able to drive around it, and get a good perspective and understanding of the chicanes and straights in a unique city-centre race track."

With a less immersive version available for people who don't have the VR headsets but do have a computer screen.

VR close ups of Eau Rouge, anybody?
Calum
2017-05-27 20:22:39 UTC
VR close ups of Eau Rouge, anybody?
Already possible, there are racing video games available that include
laser-scanned versions of Spa and support VR.
Bobster
2017-05-27 21:08:22 UTC
Post by Calum
Post by Bobster
VR close ups of Eau Rouge, anybody?
Already possible, there are racing video games available that include
laser-scanned versions of Spa and support VR.
Ah, so they have that sort of scan and can superimpose on it data from an actual race? So you can have that sort of view of incidents within the race?