Brilliant Hamilton
2017-07-17 12:33:21 UTC
Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes say British GP win answers his critics
"If you don't know my preparations are on point by now, you never will,"
says Hamilton after heavy criticism for London demo absence

By Pete Gill at Silverstone
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10949987/lewis-hamilton-and-mercedes-say-british-gp-win-answers-his-critics

Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton was on top of the world after clinching
home race at Silverstone.

Lewis Hamilton and Toto Wolff believe the Mercedes driver's critics have
been silenced by his dominant performance in the British GP.

Consigning his no-show at F1's London event to history, a masterful
Hamilton secured his fifth victory at Silverstone with the fifth 'Grand
Slam' of his career after claiming pole position and the fastest lap as
well as leading every lap.

"I am loving driving. I feel like l am at my prime and I feel like l am
driving better than ever," said Hamilton.

"I'm not here for fun and giggles, I'm here to win this championship,"
he added to Sky Sports News HQ.

But Hamilton's most telling response to his critics was made on the
track as he swatted aside his rivals and consistently delivered laps one
second faster than the Ferraris of Kimi Raikkonen and Sebastian Vettel
as he built up an insurmountable lead by the halfway stage of the race.

"Extracting maximum performance is an answer to the critics," said Wolff.

"I don't understand why the British hero was being beaten up before his
home grand prix and l think that made him even more determined to show
his fans how he can drive - and he can drive."

Brilliant Hamilton cuts Vettel's title lead

Courtesy of his victory, Hamilton has closed the gap to title leader
Sebastian Vettel to just one point - with 250 still to play for at the
halfway stage of the season.

"There's no need to question my preparations," Hamilton said. "I have
more poles than most and I am building up the win. If you don't know my
preparations are on point then I guess you never will."

A sensational conclusion to the British GP as Lewis Hamilton closes
Sebastian Vettel’s lead to just one point.

Speaking to Sky Sports F1, Hamilton added: "I'm very fortunate that I
know what is right for me. I know how to get myself ready.

"I wouldn't have the poles that I have, I wouldn't have the wins that I
have. I train myself and know what to do to get myself ready. This
weekend has shown it.

"I'm really happy with all that negativity that came into the weekend,
to be able to perform the way I have - the qualifying lap was so good,
it was awesome - and then today's race. You could see the pace I had, I
was under control, and I didn't have any slips or lack of focus."
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.
News
2017-07-17 12:39:54 UTC
Post by .
Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes say British GP win answers his critics
"If you don't know my preparations are on point by now, you never will,"
says Hamilton after heavy criticism for London demo absence
So, put him on the cover of Sports Illustrated.