Mercedes rear upper wishbone detail
2018-03-24 06:55:29 UTC
Here's some pics of Mercs rear suspension from Giorgio at Melbourne (ignore
URL wording);

"A look at the rear of the Mercedes W09 without the wheel on reveals the
brake drum's detail. It also exposes the upright extension, which allows the
upper wishbone to be placed much higher than before."

It's very much a flat upper wishbone and upright extension - as opposed to a
"wishbone that bends down to the upright".

++++++++++++++
<quoted from other thread>
I don't think the pick-up is raised by an upright/kingpin
extension or similar, it's still on the upright. Rather the wishbone
is shaped/curved downward to the upright and that idea is not new,
it's been done before and it was also on at least one other car last
year and this year. Do you know which ones?
Yep. Torro Rosso is one.
Nah, Torro Rosso don't use it. Mercedes, Williams, Ferrari, Haas and
Macca all run a wishbone that bends down to the upright.

++++++++++++++

2018-03-24 17:02:52 UTC
"A look at the rear of the Mercedes W09 without the wheel on reveals the
brake drum's detail.
Some years since I broke a nail and breathed asbestos on one of those :-)

Michael Gooding
2018-03-24 17:08:04 UTC
You broke a nail?! That is outrageous!
~misfit~
2018-03-25 01:11:15 UTC
"A look at the rear of the Mercedes W09 without the wheel on reveals
the brake drum's detail.
Some years since I broke a nail and breathed asbestos on one of those :-)
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-J9H4ULOcJFA/TpRi8nb8sMI/AAAAAAAAACc/tqjYnjoI91c/s1600/DSCF5375.JPG
Ahh the old twin leading shoe drum brakes. My car has drum brakes on the
rear (but not twin leading shoe). I replaced the slave cylinders at the end
of last year.

I remember when we used to hone the cylinders and replace the rubber seals.
These days (at least for my 1985 car) you just buy whole new cylinders for
~$30 each. You can't even buy seals alone. My honing tool that I owned for
decades (and treated with care so as not to break the stones) is worthless.

2018-03-25 03:27:31 UTC
is worthless.
As it seems, like your life.
build
2018-03-27 09:59:22 UTC
https://cdn-2.motorsport.com/images/mgl/0rQwAKy6/s8/f1-australian-gp-2018-mclaren-mcl33-rear-suspension-detail.jpg
https://cdn-1.motorsport.com/images/mgl/6zlEyMp2/s8/f1-australian-gp-2018-mclaren-mcl33-rear-suspension-detail.jpg
It's very much a flat upper wishbone and upright extension - as opposed to a
"wishbone that bends down to the upright".
++++++++++++++
<quoted from other thread>
I don't think the pick-up is raised by an upright/kingpin
extension or similar, it's still on the upright. Rather the wishbone
is shaped/curved downward to the upright and that idea is not new,
it's been done before and it was also on at least one other car last
year and this year. Do you know which ones?
Yep. Torro Rosso is one.
Nah, Torro Rosso don't use it. Mercedes, Williams, Ferrari, Haas and
Macca all run a wishbone that bends down to the upright.
Shaun,
It is rather sad that you have snipped a comment about the 2018 Macca MCL33 and deceptively inferred that it was about the Merc W09, it was not.

The second reply was in reference to the 2017 Merc W08 (and other cars), why did you omit the part which included the W08 image?

Sad, very sad.
2018-03-27 10:07:33 UTC
[...]
Duck and weave build, duck and weave...