**2017 Pool** Race 17, United States GP
Mark
2017-10-08 19:23:55 UTC
Please post your predictions for the GP in United before the start
of P1 on 20/10/2017. Times for various timezones appear below, but
the cutoff is start of practice.

Pole position:

P1:
P2:
P3:

There is a web page here where you can see the points/predictions as
they stand as well as looking at past competitions/scoring systems:

http://www.conmy.co.uk/f1/f1.cgi

Track (Austin) 20/10/2017 10:00 CDT
Austin 20/10/2017 10:00 CDT
West Coast USA 20/10/2017 08:00 PDT
East Coast USA 20/10/2017 11:00 EDT
Ireland/Portugal/UK 20/10/2017 16:00 BST
Central Europe 20/10/2017 17:00 CEST
Most of Arabia 20/10/2017 18:00 AST
Most of Arabia 20/10/2017 18:00 AST
Russia/Oman/UAE 20/10/2017 19:00 GST
Russia/Oman/UAE 20/10/2017 19:00 GST
China 20/10/2017 23:00 CST
Japan/Korea 21/10/2017 00:00 JST
Perth 20/10/2017 23:00 AWST
Adelaide/Darwin 21/10/2017 01:30 ACDT
Melbourne/Canberra/Sydney 21/10/2017 02:00 AEDT
New Zealand 21/10/2017 04:00 NZDT
Russia 20/10/2017 18:00 MSK
Ukraine 20/10/2017 18:00 MSK
fnot
2017-10-11 21:02:41 UTC
Pole position: HAM

P1: HAM
P2: VET
P3: BOT
Hornplayer9599
2017-10-12 03:04:10 UTC
Post by Mark
Please post your predictions for the GP in United before the start
of P1 on 20/10/2017. Times for various timezones appear below, but
the cutoff is start of practice.
Pole: HAM

P1: HAM
P2: BOT
P3: VET
--
I don’t judge people based on color, race, religion, sexuality, gender,
ability, or size.
I base it on whether or not they’re an asshole.
Stephen Thomas Cole
2017-10-12 15:17:27 UTC
Pole position: VET
P1: VET
P2: VER
P3: RIC

I need to make up ground so going shit or bust on this one.
--
STC / M0TEY /
http://twitter.com/ukradioamateur
m***@yahoo.com
2017-10-13 04:14:49 UTC
Pole position: Ham
P1: Ham
P2: Rai
P3: Ver
EB5AGV
2017-10-16 08:05:48 UTC
Pole position: HAM

P1: HAM
P2: VET
P3: VES
Sir Tim
2017-10-16 10:42:53 UTC
Pole position: VET

P1: VET
P2: VER
P3: HAM

“Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional”
alister
2017-10-16 11:55:29 UTC
Please post your predictions for the GP in United before the start of P1
on 20/10/2017. Times for various timezones appear below, but the cutoff
is start of practice.
There is a web page here where you can see the points/predictions as
http://www.conmy.co.uk/f1/f1.cgi
Track (Austin) 20/10/2017 10:00 CDT Austin
20/10/2017 10:00 CDT West Coast USA
20/10/2017 08:00 PDT East Coast USA 20/10/2017 11:00
EDT Ireland/Portugal/UK 20/10/2017 16:00 BST Central Europe
20/10/2017 17:00 CEST Most of Arabia
20/10/2017 18:00 AST Most of Arabia 20/10/2017 18:00
AST Russia/Oman/UAE 20/10/2017 19:00 GST
Russia/Oman/UAE 20/10/2017 19:00 GST China
20/10/2017 23:00 CST Japan/Korea
21/10/2017 00:00 JST Perth 20/10/2017 23:00
AWST Adelaide/Darwin 21/10/2017 01:30 ACDT
Melbourne/Canberra/Sydney 21/10/2017 02:00 AEDT New Zealand
21/10/2017 04:00 NZDT Russia
20/10/2017 18:00 MSK Ukraine 20/10/2017 18:00
MSK
Pole Ham
P1 Ham
P2 Ves
p3 Vet
--
Everyone is a genius. It's just that some people are too stupid to
realize it.
D Munz
2017-10-16 12:05:52 UTC
Pole position: VET

P1: VET
P2: RAI
P3: HAM
Sreekumar A
2017-10-17 02:15:02 UTC
Pole position:HAM
P1: HAM
P2: VET
P3: BOT
Sreekumar
Mark
2017-10-17 10:18:10 UTC
Pole position: HAM

P1: HAM
P2: VET
P3: VER
Naked Fame
2017-10-17 19:09:48 UTC
Pole position: HAM

P1: HAM
P2: VER
P3: BOT

I'm quite ready to give up. My robots do better than me. I'm obviously
an algorithm robot guy instead of being a decent person.

But, ok, here goes, one more time for failure...
Signature
t***@gmail.com
2017-10-17 21:39:42 UTC
Post by fnot
Pole position: HAM
P1: HAM
P2: VER
P3: BOT
I'm quite ready to give up. My robots do better than me. I'm obviously
an algorithm robot guy instead of being a decent person.
But, ok, here goes, one more time for failure...
Predictions here only, fudgepacker.
Not your life story.
Naked Fame
2017-10-18 18:06:42 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by fnot
Pole position: HAM
P1: HAM
P2: VER
P3: BOT
I'm quite ready to give up. My robots do better than me. I'm obviously
an algorithm robot guy instead of being a decent person.
But, ok, here goes, one more time for failure...
Predictions here only, fudgepacker.
Not your life story.
No voi pikku pelleä. Mitä jos vetäisit vitun päähäsi ja lopettaisit
typeryydet? Jossain luulisi rajatapaustenkin antavan periksi.
Signature
~misfit~
2017-10-17 23:44:42 UTC
Pole position: HAM

P1: HAM
P2: VET
P3: RIC

If I thought there was a chance of a Torro Rosso making it to the podium
[barring catastrophe] I'd have picked Hartley for third.

Thanks Mark.

2017-10-18 03:46:06 UTC
pussy
Naked Fame
2017-10-18 18:12:29 UTC
If I thought there was a chance of a Torro Rosso making it to the podium
[barring catastrophe] I'd have picked Hartley for third.
pussy
But hey, Sir, where are YOUR predictions? I may be sad. Misfit might be
a coward. But, honestly, you'd lose to both to Misfit, me and my
robots if you'd participate in the pool. Because you're a total loser
who not once has had anything to say, anything at all. You might be an
anonymous troll, but that doesn't make you one bit less of a loser.

I'm through with you, losertroll.
Signature
~misfit~
2017-10-18 22:15:21 UTC
Post by Naked Fame
Post by ~misfit~
If I thought there was a chance of a Torro Rosso making it to the
podium [barring catastrophe] I'd have picked Hartley for third.
pussy
But hey, Sir, where are YOUR predictions? I may be sad. Misfit might
be a coward. But, honestly, you'd lose to both to Misfit, me and my
robots if you'd participate in the pool. Because you're a total loser
who not once has had anything to say, anything at all. You might be an
anonymous troll, but that doesn't make you one bit less of a loser.
I'm through with you, losertroll.
A wise decision. I killfiled it a long time ago yet it still replies 'to
me'. <shrug> Certainly not very bright - either that or has an attraction to
me for some reason. ;)

2017-10-18 10:47:17 UTC
If I thought there was a chance of a Torro Rosso making it to the podium
[barring catastrophe] I'd have picked Hartley for third.
I'm interested in people's pool entries and why they make them. I think
most of us try to be objective and choose what we genuinely think will
be the result but there are undoubtedly some who, at least in part, are
making some sort of statement.

There was one guy, not sure whether he still posts here, whose
nomination for 1st and 2nd was always Ferrari. You, I think, have a
definite Antipodean bias, which influences your selections and "news"
has never been known to mention Hamilton in his entry, even if Lewis is
leading the championship :-)

I like to think that I'm strictly objective but I must admit that, if I
select someone other than Hamilton for pole I always have the thought in
the back of my mind that if I'm right I get a point in the pool and if
I'm wrong it will probably mean that Lewis is on pole, so it's a win/win
AFAIAC :-)

“Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional”
~misfit~
2017-10-18 22:37:38 UTC
If I thought there was a chance of a Torro Rosso making it to the
podium [barring catastrophe] I'd have picked Hartley for third.
I'm interested in people's pool entries and why they make them. I
think most of us try to be objective and choose what we genuinely
think will be the result but there are undoubtedly some who, at least
in part, are making some sort of statement.
It's an interesting subject. As there is no 'prize' per se (other than the
satisfaction I guess some people would get for winning) I tend to pick a
mixture of head, 'insight' and heart. It's nice to score points but even
nicer when either a ringer scores and I've picked them[*] or a liked-driver
is picked and finishes where I predicted.
Post by Sir Tim
There was one guy, not sure whether he still posts here, whose
nomination for 1st and 2nd was always Ferrari. You, I think, have a
definite Antipodean bias, which influences your selections and "news"
has never been known to mention Hamilton in his entry, even if Lewis
is leading the championship :-)
I actually like to pick on personality and who I think of as deserving as
much as anything. I don't like brats so rarely pick them - especially brats
from certain European countries whose populations tend to have elitist
outlooks. I like 'nice guys' (which is why I used to pick Jens a lot) and
also the underdog. <shrug> It's a fault I know.
Post by Sir Tim
I like to think that I'm strictly objective but I must admit that, if
I select someone other than Hamilton for pole I always have the
thought in the back of my mind that if I'm right I get a point in the
pool and if I'm wrong it will probably mean that Lewis is on pole, so
it's a win/win AFAIAC :-)
[*] I think me liking to pick a ringer (or long-odds driver) who then does
well (or not LOL) likely reflects my preference for instant rather than
delayed gratification. It certainly doesn't get me to the top of the pool.
;)

Stephen Thomas Cole
2017-10-19 05:46:26 UTC
[...]
I'm a Lewis fan and, almost always, pick him for pole and win. A big part
of the reason is that fandom, I do almost wince a little when I betray him
and pick someone else, but it's also based on the logic that *that* good a
driver in *that* good a car should absolutely score every pole and win.
I've betrayed him more and more as this season has progressed, in order to
try and catch up with the pool leaders, and have been punished for it by
him.
Duddie
2017-10-18 06:56:28 UTC
POLE: HAM

P1: HAM
P2: VET
P3: BOT
Mark
2017-10-18 08:49:06 UTC
Post by Mark
Please post your predictions for the GP in United before the start
of P1 on 20/10/2017. Times for various timezones appear below, but
the cutoff is start of practice.
There's still a couple of days to go, and currently I am waiting on:

Ar
Phil Carmody
FB
WeeBob
Mark Jackson
Dave Baker
Jakub Barbasz
mairsz
peter
News
JohnM
ceg
Roman Figaj
Jimbo
Brad
downhill
Hunter

I have:

Entrant Pole 1 2 3
Mark HAM HAM VET VER
Stephen Cole VET VET VER RIC
D Munz VET VET RAI HAM
Alister HAM HAM VER VET
Naked Fame HAM HAM VER BOT
Hornplayer9599 HAM HAM BOT VET
Sir Tim VET VET VER HAM
Sreekumar A HAM HAM VET BOT
Shaun HAM HAM VET RIC
fnot HAM HAM VET BOT
Duddie HAM HAM VET BOT
EB5AGV HAM HAM VET VER
peter
2017-10-18 18:17:38 UTC
Pole: HAM
P1: HAM
P2: VET
P3: BOT

-peter
ceg
2017-10-18 18:18:03 UTC
Posting for ceg...

Pole position: HAM

P1: HAM
P2: RIC
P3: VER
m***@yahoo.com
2017-10-19 00:09:41 UTC
Pole Ham
P1 Ham
P2 Ves
p3 Vet
geoff
2017-10-19 07:44:35 UTC
Ooops wrong race or anomaly in the time-space continuum.
Post by Mark
Please post your predictions for the GP in United before the start
of P1 on 20/10/2017. Times for various timezones appear below, but
the cutoff is start of practice.
Pole: HAR

P1: HAR
P2: HAR
P3: HAR ........
P22: ALO

2017-10-19 15:11:14 UTC
Ooops wrong race or anomaly in the time-space continuum.
Trying to be funny.
And you fucked up.
Again.
mairsz
2017-10-19 08:48:32 UTC
Pole position: HAM

P1: HAM
P2: VER
P3: VET

regards
mairsz

---
Phil Carmody
2017-10-19 11:09:55 UTC
Mark <***@gmail.com> writes:

Pole position: HAM
P1: HAM
P2: RIC
P3: VET

Cheers,
Phil
--
In order for there to be rights, there must be wrongs - if you want to
get rid of wrongs, which great leaders do, you *must* get rid of rights.
Mark Jackson
2017-10-19 15:41:10 UTC
Pole position: Hamilton

P1: Hamilton
P2: Verstappen
P3: Vettel
Whatever may be tolerated in monarchical and despotic
governments, no republic is safe that tolerates
a privileged class. - Frederick Douglass
Jimbo

P3: RAI
j***@gmail.com
2017-10-19 20:56:09 UTC
Post by Mark Jackson
Pole position: Hamilton
P1: Hamilton
P2: Vettel
P3: Riccardo
Qbab (Jakub Barbasz)
Ar
2017-10-20 08:34:34 UTC
On 08/10/17 20:23, Mark wrote:

Pole position: Lewis Hamilton

P1: Lewis Hamilton
P2: Sebastian Vettel
P3: Max Verstappen
Mark
2017-10-20 09:51:08 UTC
Post by Mark
Please post your predictions for the GP in United before the start
of P1 on 20/10/2017. Times for various timezones appear below, but
the cutoff is start of practice.
I'm waiting on:

Bruce Hoult (currently default)
Martin Harran (currently default)