Seriously, are we heading to renaming this rec.autos.shitstain
2017-01-27 14:50:12 UTC
It's boring.

It's irrelevant.

It's childish.

It's a waste of space.

It does no one any favours.
m***@gmail.com
2017-01-27 16:00:30 UTC
It's boring.
It's irrelevant.
It's childish.
It's a waste of space.
It does no one any favours.
I have an easy solution; The killfile.
larkim
2017-01-30 07:20:20 UTC
Sadly I rely on Google groups so I can't bin you as I'd like.
t***@gmail.com
2017-01-31 04:51:35 UTC
Sadly I rely on Google groups so I can't bin you as I'd like.
Oh poor fucking you.
But you still can rely on your gay lovers on Google groups.
Sir Tim
2017-01-27 18:27:27 UTC
It's boring.
It's irrelevant.
It's childish.
It's a waste of space.
It does no one any favours.
Children will be children.

Usenet is one of the last unmoderated forums (sorry, Phil Carmody, but
that is standard English usage now), and that is good. The downside is
that it allows any number of trolls and retards free reign (or is it rein?).

I had hoped that I would never have to use a killfile but I've now done
so in order to purge this puerile nonsense. I still don't understand
what motivates these people, but then there is much in the world that I
do not understand :-(

“Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional”
~misfit~
2017-01-29 01:46:14 UTC
It's boring.
It's irrelevant.
It's childish.
It's a waste of space.
It does no one any favours.
Children will be children.
Usenet is one of the last unmoderated forums (sorry, Phil Carmody, but
that is standard English usage now), and that is good. The downside is
that it allows any number of trolls and retards free reign (or is it rein?).
I had hoped that I would never have to use a killfile but I've now
done so in order to purge this puerile nonsense.
Welcome to the club. (Oh, unless I'm in your killfile <g>.)

2017-01-31 04:07:02 UTC
Usenet is one of the last unmoderated forums (sorry, Phil Carmody, but
that is standard English usage now), and that is good. The downside is
that it allows any number of trolls and retards free reign (or is it rein?).
I don't know why people think that moderation is undesirable. In my experience it does nothing to dampen discussions, it just requires discussion to be civil. It is not censorship.

Besides, there are plenty of unmoderated forums. Try Twitter. Yes, they have rules but not about what you can discuss, but just to cut out serious abuse.
Post by Sir Tim
I had hoped that I would never have to use a killfile but I've now done
so in order to purge this puerile nonsense.
This is why Facebook has been so successful. You get to control who sees what you post AND whose posts you see.
Post by Sir Tim
I still don't understand
what motivates these people,
Which people? It seems to me that the most consistently malicious and slanderous presences here are bigbird and ~misfit~ who have fished up a long string of gratuitous insults and are extremely intolerant. Yet somehow they are ok.
Bobster
2017-01-31 04:15:24 UTC
Even dished up (or out).
Sir Tim
2017-01-31 13:05:31 UTC
Post by Sir Tim
I had hoped that I would never have to use a killfile but I've now done
so in order to purge this puerile nonsense.
This is why Facebook has been so successful. You get to control who sees what you post AND whose posts you see.
I don't belong to either Twitter or Facebook and never read them so I am
unqualified to comment
I still don't understand
what motivates these people,
Which people? It seems to me that the most consistently malicious and slanderous presences here are bigbird and ~misfit~ who have fished up a long string of gratuitous insults and are extremely intolerant. Yet somehow they are ok.
Did I say that? I have often found bigbird's inability to drop a subject
irritating and ~misfit~ can be unduly snappish but, unlike the
protagonist in the header, they are both keen and knowledgeable F1 fans.

We all have our failings.You yourself can sometimes be unnecessarily
prolix (unlike news, who is the opposite) and I have no doubt that I am
regarded as pompous and old fashioned but we are united by our love of
the sport.

“Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional”
Mark Jackson
2017-01-31 15:47:07 UTC
We all have our failings.You yourself can sometimes be unnecessarily
prolix (unlike news, who is the opposite) and I have no doubt that I am
regarded as pompous and old fashioned
I'm puzzled - the syntax of that sentence suggests that "pompous and old
fashioned" are *bad*.
Just because you don't see killer robots marching
down the street doesn't mean we shouldn't be concerned.
- Elon Musk
~misfit~
2017-01-31 22:47:32 UTC
Post by Mark Jackson
Post by Sir Tim
We all have our failings.You yourself can sometimes be unnecessarily
prolix (unlike news, who is the opposite) and I have no doubt that I
am regarded as pompous and old fashioned
I'm puzzled - the syntax of that sentence suggests that "pompous and
old fashioned" are *bad*.
LOL!!!

I can relate...

2017-01-31 23:20:55 UTC
Post by Sir Tim
[...]
Bob is just miffed that neither Bigbird or I will play his circumlocutory
and interminable word games any more and have killfiled him. It's a case of
blaming others and harbouring resentment leading to libel.

It's similar to how Bob used to always defend Eddy and claim he didn't
understand why others were short with him, all the while playing games with
the poor guy - until Eddy saw through Bob using him as a whipping boy and
plaything. Then suddenly the worm turned and Bob abused Eddy. How
transparent! Insight is often achieved with time and patience - and paying
attention!

2017-01-31 23:25:26 UTC
killfiled
thats better
t***@gmail.com
2017-02-01 01:31:20 UTC
Bigbird or I
Dumb and Dumber
t***@gmail.com
fag
Bruce Hoult
I'm almost feeling offended to be left out of all this analysis! :p
Bobster
2017-02-01 16:45:02 UTC
You deal in facts and are alarmingly reasonable. Spoil sport!
Bruce Hoult
2017-02-01 19:42:40 UTC
Dammit! Must try harder.
~misfit~
2017-02-01 23:33:52 UTC
Post by Bruce Hoult
Post by Bobster
Post by Bruce Hoult
I'm almost feeling offended to be left out of all this analysis! :p
You deal in facts and are alarmingly reasonable. Spoil sport!
Dammit! Must try harder.
Careful! You'll be getting emails from Bob soon.... ;)

2017-02-01 11:14:29 UTC
Which people? It seems to me that the most consistently malicious and
slanderous presences here are bigbird and ~misfit~ who have fished up
a long string of gratuitous insults and are extremely intolerant. Yet
somehow they are ok.
You are the most offensive presence in this group; I say that with a
straight face. You disgust me, as you know. People honest enough to use
a "four letter word" to describe their feelings are a lot more honest
than your stream of passive aggressive diatribe.
t***@gmail.com
2017-01-31 04:59:00 UTC
Right. Like the British unable to look after their teeth.
~misfit~
2017-01-29 01:42:50 UTC
It's boring.
It's irrelevant.
It's childish.
It's a waste of space.
It does no one any favours.
Hence my warning as soon as I saw replies in the 'ruling wanted' thread.

2017-02-01 01:43:29 UTC
Hence my warning
Fuck you and your warnings.
~misfit~
2017-02-01 23:32:08 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by ~misfit~
Hence my warning
Fuck you and your warnings.
You wish!

Odd how Bob gets a spanking and you turn up....