Sexy interviewer!
2018-02-18 11:12:04 UTC
... as well as some info on Pirrelis 2018 tyres.

2018-02-18 15:23:40 UTC
... as well as some info on Pirrelis 2018 tyres.
http://youtu.be/mZbtsXJRMJ0
Grid girl potential? No?
~misfit~
2018-02-19 01:08:26 UTC
... as well as some info on Pirrelis 2018 tyres.
http://youtu.be/mZbtsXJRMJ0
Grid girl potential? No?
LOL! Well I have seen her on the grid a few times...

2018-02-18 15:44:51 UTC
... as well as some info on Pirrelis 2018 tyres.
http://youtu.be/mZbtsXJRMJ0
Mate. I already told you her name last year. She even replies to me on twitter from time to time.

https://twitter.com/rosannatennant
https://www.instagram.com/rosannatennant/
~misfit~
2018-02-19 01:07:41 UTC
Post by Bruce Hoult
Post by ~misfit~
... as well as some info on Pirrelis 2018 tyres.
http://youtu.be/mZbtsXJRMJ0
Mate. I already told you her name last year.
I remember. The subject title was largely for your benefit.
Post by Bruce Hoult
She even replies to me
on twitter from time to time.
https://twitter.com/rosannatennant
https://www.instagram.com/rosannatennant/
It sounds like you might be in with a chance! ;-)

Sadly no chance, as I've recently (2017-11-07) gone and married one of those Moscow vixens Loading Image...
bra
2018-02-20 00:09:40 UTC
Post by Bruce Hoult
Sadly no chance, as I've recently (2017-11-07) gone and married one of those Moscow vixens https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOXpC2MXkAEUB2l.jpg
Church, please? (Wisely retained during seventy godless years; you never know.)
Bruce Hoult
2018-02-20 09:41:10 UTC
Post by Bruce Hoult
Sadly no chance, as I've recently (2017-11-07) gone and married one of those Moscow vixens https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOXpC2MXkAEUB2l.jpg
Church, please? (Wisely retained during seventy godless years; you never know.)
Ærøskøbing Kirke, Kirkestræde 5, Ærøskøbing, Denmark

It was actually a registry office thing, we just took some photos in the nearby church (and other places) after.
bra
2018-02-20 16:21:41 UTC
Post by Bruce Hoult
Post by bra
Church, please? (Wisely retained during seventy godless years; you never know.)
Ærøskøbing Kirke, Kirkestræde 5, Ærøskøbing, Denmark
It was actually a registry office thing, we just took some photos in the nearby church (and other places) after.
Very elegant you look, too. I was secretly hoping it was some soviet church-of-the-people, LoL.

One year in Finland we visited quaint Porvoo and its church, and only much later I learned it's where Mika Hakkinen had been married.
Bruce Hoult
2018-02-20 16:39:52 UTC
Post by Bruce Hoult
Post by bra
Church, please? (Wisely retained during seventy godless years; you never know.)
Ærøskøbing Kirke, Kirkestræde 5, Ærøskøbing, Denmark
It was actually a registry office thing, we just took some photos in the nearby church (and other places) after.
Very elegant you look, too. I was secretly hoping it was some soviet church-of-the-people, LoL.
Nah, it's annoyingly difficult to marry in Russia. As well as taking a month to get the license, someone who claims they have never been married is required to prove this negative. It turns out that you can ask NZ DIA and they will go off and do a search and make a document saying they couldn't find any record of a marriage .. but it takes six weeks and they charge more for this than for a marriage license!

Denmark (and NZ too) on the other hand simply ask you on a form whether you are widowed, divorced, or never married and if the answer is "never married" then they simply believe you. They also let you rock up to the city council offices with your documents one day and marry the next day. NZ takes three days (which is fine too).
bra
2018-02-20 16:59:49 UTC
Post by Bruce Hoult
Post by bra
Post by Bruce Hoult
Post by bra
[...]
Curious whether NZ is a "marriage" society nowadays?
Here in Canada, 1961, 92% of families were headed by married couples. In Canada 2016, it was 65.8%.
To the irritation of conservatives, it's same-sex marriages that have grown and grown.
Bruce Hoult
I don't know the percentages. We have a particular situation because she in Russian. NZ immigration is in theory agnostic as to whether you are married to your foreign partner or not, but in practice I expect being formally married adds to the weight of evidence. However, we're applying for H1B visa for USA right now (or at least I am), and she'll be getting a Green card regardless of that around the end of next year (unless Trump completely changes the rules in that time), and in both cases married partners are automatically included but unmarried ones aren't.
Geoff
2018-02-20 20:41:50 UTC
Post by Bruce Hoult
Denmark (and NZ too) on the other hand simply ask you on a form whether you are widowed, divorced, or never married and if the answer is "never married" then they simply believe you. They also let you rock up to the city council offices with your documents one day and marry the next day. NZ takes three days (which is fine too).
You've done this ? Hmmmm.....

2018-02-21 02:16:35 UTC
Post by Geoff
You've done this ?
Just be happy getting cornholed
regularly without a commitment.
~misfit~
2018-02-20 03:31:34 UTC
Post by Bruce Hoult
Post by ~misfit~
Post by Bruce Hoult
She even replies to me
on twitter from time to time.
https://twitter.com/rosannatennant
https://www.instagram.com/rosannatennant/
It sounds like you might be in with a chance! ;-)
Sadly no chance, as I've recently (2017-11-07) gone and married one
of those Moscow vixens
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOXpC2MXkAEUB2l.jpg
Hey congratulations! All the best to you both. :)

Ar
2018-02-19 10:45:07 UTC
.... as well as some info on Pirrelis 2018 tyres.
http://youtu.be/mZbtsXJRMJ0
The tyre choices for 2018 are:

Hard
Soft
Super soft
We're the FIA and looking for more gimmicks
etc.
etc.
Wet
Super wet

So much for the FIA and their "cost cutting" F1 plan.
m***@gmail.com
Presumably the cost to the teams is the same, because they still get the same number of sets per race weekend. And it will be the same for all teams. So one team can't buy better tyres or more tyres than another.
News
2018-02-19 15:18:10 UTC
Post by Ar
.... as well as some info on Pirrelis 2018 tyres.
http://youtu.be/mZbtsXJRMJ0
Hard
Soft
Super soft
Forgot HyperShyte
Post by Ar
We're the FIA and looking for more gimmicks
etc.
etc.
Wet
Super wet
Wet & Wild
So much for "the spectacle."
~misfit~
2018-02-20 03:35:22 UTC
Post by Ar
So much for the FIA and their "cost cutting" F1 plan.
So much for "the spectacle."
It will increase the spectacle if one driver's on a tyre much much softer
than another of otherwise equal pace... Pirelli are trying out bringing
tyres that aren't sequential at a race or two this year. So there will be
more likely to be teams on different strategies rather than "pit if he does"
processions.

2018-02-22 12:30:56 UTC
Post by Ar
So much for the FIA and their "cost cutting" F1 plan.
So much for "the spectacle."
It will increase the spectacle if one driver's on a tyre much much softer
than another of otherwise equal pace... Pirelli are trying out bringing
tyres that aren't sequential at a race or two this year. So there will be
more likely to be teams on different strategies rather than "pit if he does"
processions.
The problem here is that there is so much data around that the chances of
a team making a completely duff decision on tyres is almost non-existent.

To really make tyre use exciting in terms of the racing, the teams need
supplying with one type of tyre only, about which they have relatively
little data and which is designed not to be able to run full race distance.

Perhaps designed with an intent to reach 40% race distance, so you end up
with a 2 or 3 stop likelihood, but a potential to reach 50% if the car is
easy on the tyres.

Broadly when cars are on different tyres, the spectator realises they are
watching a fake battle. IMHO.

t***@gmail.com
2018-02-19 23:32:16 UTC
... as well as some info on Pirrelis 2018 tyres.
http://youtu.be/mZbtsXJRMJ0
butterface