**2016 Pool** Race 13, Belgian GP
Mark
2016-08-12 08:18:59 UTC
Please post your predictions for the GP in Belgium before the start
of P1 on 26/08/2016. Times for various timezones appear below, but
the cutoff is start of practice.

Pole position:

P1:
P2:
P3:

There is a web page here where you can see the points/predictions as
they stand as well as looking at past competitions/scoring systems:

http://www.conmy.co.uk/f1/f1.cgi

Track (Spa-Francorchamps) 26/08/2016 10:00 CEST
Austin 26/08/2016 03:00 CDT
West Coast USA 26/08/2016 01:00 PDT
East Coast USA 26/08/2016 04:00 EDT
Ireland/Portugal/UK 26/08/2016 09:00 BST
Central Europe 26/08/2016 10:00 CEST
Most of Arabia 26/08/2016 11:00 AST
Most of Arabia 26/08/2016 11:00 AST
Russia/Oman/UAE 26/08/2016 12:00 GST
Russia/Oman/UAE 26/08/2016 12:00 GST
China 26/08/2016 16:00 CST
Japan/Korea 26/08/2016 17:00 JST
Perth 26/08/2016 16:00 AWST
Adelaide/Darwin 26/08/2016 17:30 ACST
Melbourne/Canberra/Sydney 26/08/2016 18:00 AEST
New Zealand 26/08/2016 20:00 NZST
Russia 26/08/2016 11:00 MSK
Ukraine 26/08/2016 11:00 MSK
Bobster
2016-08-12 08:30:14 UTC
Post by Mark
Please post your predictions for the GP in Belgium before the start
of P1 on 26/08/2016. Times for various timezones appear below, but
the cutoff is start of practice.
Pole position: HAM

P1: ROS
P2: VES
P3: RIC
Bobster
2016-08-12 17:13:42 UTC
Post by Bobster
Post by Mark
Please post your predictions for the GP in Belgium before the start
of P1 on 26/08/2016. Times for various timezones appear below, but
the cutoff is start of practice.
Pole position: HAM
P1: ROS
P2: VES
P3: RIC
Please change to
Pole: ROS
P1: ROS
P2: VES
P3: RIC
D Munz
2016-08-12 11:43:05 UTC
Pole position: ROS

P1: ROS
P2: RAI
P3: RIC
Bobster
2016-08-12 12:27:31 UTC
Post by Mark
Please post your predictions for the GP in Belgium before the start
of P1 on 26/08/2016. Times for various timezones appear below, but
the cutoff is start of practice.
Mark, if Hamilton gets loads of penalties for PU component swaps but still
does the fast lap in Q3, does that count as pole for the purposes of this
competition?
Mark
2016-08-12 14:21:31 UTC
Post by Bobster
Post by Mark
Please post your predictions for the GP in Belgium before the start
of P1 on 26/08/2016. Times for various timezones appear below, but
the cutoff is start of practice.
Mark, if Hamilton gets loads of penalties for PU component swaps but still
does the fast lap in Q3, does that count as pole for the purposes of this
competition?
No. It's the position they are slated to start the GP on pole. So,
it's not the fastest, nor is it necessarily the person at the front
(e.g. if someone has to start from the pit lane but should have been on
pole, they'd be "pole" for these purposes).

Does that make sense?
Bobster
thanks
Hornplayer9599
2016-08-12 22:45:06 UTC
Post by Mark
Please post your predictions for the GP in Belgium before the start
of P1 on 26/08/2016. Times for various timezones appear below, but
the cutoff is start of practice.
Pole: HAM

P1: HAM
P2: ROS
P3: RIC
--
What's considered psychotic behavior anywhere else is company policy
here.

--The Management
Oliver Crawford
2016-08-14 11:24:19 UTC
Pole: HAM
P1: HAM
P2: VES
P3: RIC
Sreekumar A
2016-08-22 06:36:17 UTC
Pole position: HAM
P1: HAM
P2: ROS
P3: RAI
Sreekumar
alister
2016-08-23 15:34:29 UTC
Please post your predictions for the GP in Belgium before the start of
P1 on 26/08/2016. Times for various timezones appear below, but the
cutoff is start of practice.
There is a web page here where you can see the points/predictions as
http://www.conmy.co.uk/f1/f1.cgi
Track (Spa-Francorchamps) 26/08/2016 10:00 CEST Austin
26/08/2016 03:00 CDT West Coast USA
26/08/2016 01:00 PDT East Coast USA 26/08/2016 04:00
EDT Ireland/Portugal/UK 26/08/2016 09:00 BST Central Europe
26/08/2016 10:00 CEST Most of Arabia
26/08/2016 11:00 AST Most of Arabia 26/08/2016 11:00
AST Russia/Oman/UAE 26/08/2016 12:00 GST
Russia/Oman/UAE 26/08/2016 12:00 GST China
26/08/2016 16:00 CST Japan/Korea
26/08/2016 17:00 JST Perth 26/08/2016 16:00
AWST Adelaide/Darwin 26/08/2016 17:30 ACST
Melbourne/Canberra/Sydney 26/08/2016 18:00 AEST New Zealand
26/08/2016 20:00 NZST Russia
26/08/2016 11:00 MSK Ukraine 26/08/2016 11:00
MSK
Pole Ham
p1 Ham
p2 ves
p3 vet
--
Picking up the pieces of my sweet shattered dream,
I wonder how the old folks are tonight,

Carefree Highway, let me slip away on you,
Carefree Highway, you seen better days,
The morning after blues, from my head down to my shoes,
Carefree Highway, let me slip away, slip away, on you...

Turning back the pages to the times I love best,
I wonder if she'll ever do the same,
Now the thing that I call livin' is just bein' satisfied,
With knowing I got noone left to blame.
Carefree Highway, I got to see you, my old flame...

Searching through the fragments of my dream shattered sleep,
I wonder if the years have closed her mind,
I guess it must be wanderlust or tryin' to get free,
From the good old faithful feelin' we once knew.
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "Carefree Highway"
alister
2016-08-24 15:25:21 UTC
[...]
as merc are now saying ham is likely to take penalty I would like to
amend my prediction.

Pole ros
P1 ros
p2 ves
p3 vet
--
greenrd's law
Evey post disparaging someone else's spelling or grammar, or
comments/2002/4/16/61744/5230?pid=5#6
m***@interia.pl
2016-08-23 19:48:38 UTC
Pole Position: Ham

P1:Ham
P2:Ves
P3:Ros

regards
mairsz

---
WeeBob

Thanks
~misfit~
2016-08-24 11:34:29 UTC
Pole: HAM

P1: HAM
P2: RIC
P3: ROS

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

little classification in the DSM*."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
~misfit~
2016-08-25 00:21:41 UTC
A "me too" post ...

Based on reports Lewis is taking penalties at Spa (and assuming no rain -
probably wrongly) then I'll amend my pick thusly;

Pole: ROS

P1: RIC
P2: ROS
P3: HAM

I'd love to see Dan get a win at Spa.

Sir Tim
2016-08-24 13:01:48 UTC
Pole position: HAM

P1: HAM

P2: ROS

P3: RIC
--
Sir Tim

“Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional”
Mark Jackson
2016-08-24 18:14:15 UTC
Pole position: Rosberg

P1: Rosberg
P2: Verstappen
P3: Ricciardo
I have yet to meet a successful scientist who lacks the ability
to exaggerate the importance of what he or she is doing.
- Daniel Kahneman
Sir Tim
2016-08-24 20:50:55 UTC
My prediction was based on Mercedes' statement that Hamilton would take an
engine penalty at Monza.
As they now seem to have changed their mind I would like to do so too:

Pole position: ROS

P1: ROS
P2: RIC
P3: VES
downhill
2016-08-25 03:06:47 UTC
Pole position: ROS

P1: HAM
P2: RIC
P3: VES
Stephen Thomas Cole
2016-08-25 06:13:18 UTC
Post by D Munz
Pole position: ROS
P1: HAM
P2: RIC
P3: VES
I would like to amend my entry to the above please, given Merc penalty
warning.
--
STC / M0TEY /
http://twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Peter
2016-08-25 07:39:44 UTC
Pole: ROS
P1: ROS
P2: HAM
P3: VET

-peter
Peter
2016-08-25 11:59:34 UTC
Post by Bobster
Pole: ROS
P1: ROS
P2: HAM
P3: VET
-peter
Forgot about penalties, let me change this to

Pole: ROS
P1: ROS
P2: VET
P3: RIC

-peter
Peter
2016-08-27 12:34:33 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by Bobster
Pole: ROS
P1: ROS
P2: HAM
P3: VET
-peter
Forgot about penalties, let me change this to
Pole: ROS
P1: ROS
P2: VET
P3: RIC
-peter
ARGH! p2:VET is versTappen, but I realise now that verstappen is VES

-peter
Bruce Hoult
2016-08-27 15:16:54 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by Peter
Post by Bobster
Pole: ROS
P1: ROS
P2: HAM
P3: VET
-peter
Forgot about penalties, let me change this to
Pole: ROS
P1: ROS
P2: VET
P3: RIC
-peter
ARGH! p2:VET is versTappen, but I realise now that verstappen is VES
Nice try, but VET being the valid code for another driver who has qualified on the 2nd row and could easily finish on the podium, not one that I think you'll get away with.

I'm getting pissed off with @BBCF1, who persist in using a variety of different codes for Verstappen: VER a few races ago (really a chap who is still racing in Formula E, although often referred to as JEV), and VPN recently.
Peter
2016-08-27 18:36:54 UTC
Post by Bruce Hoult
Post by Peter
Post by Peter
Post by Bobster
Pole: ROS
P1: ROS
P2: HAM
P3: VET
-peter
Forgot about penalties, let me change this to
Pole: ROS
P1: ROS
P2: VET
P3: RIC
-peter
ARGH! p2:VET is versTappen, but I realise now that verstappen is VES
Nice try, but VET being the valid code for another driver who has
qualified on the 2nd row and could easily finish on the podium, not one
that I think you'll get away with.
different codes for Verstappen: VER a few races ago (really a chap who
is still racing in Formula E, although often referred to as JEV), and
VPN recently.
Yeah, it was a genuine mistake, meant Verstappen, but VET is ofcourse
Vettel. VPN is new to me :-) they should've assigned MAX...

Oh well,
-peter
Jimbo
You never know - you may be laughing at the rest of us post race tomorrow :)
Peter
2016-08-30 09:37:18 UTC
Post by Jimbo
Post by Peter
Post by Bruce Hoult
Post by Peter
Post by Peter
Post by Bobster
[...]
In the end, it did not matter :-)

-peter

~misfit~
2016-08-28 02:38:18 UTC
Post by Bruce Hoult
Post by Peter
Post by Peter
Post by Bobster
Pole: ROS
P1: ROS
P2: HAM
P3: VET
-peter
Forgot about penalties, let me change this to
Pole: ROS
P1: ROS
P2: VET
P3: RIC
-peter
ARGH! p2:VET is versTappen, but I realise now that verstappen is VES
Nice try, but VET being the valid code for another driver who has
qualified on the 2nd row and could easily finish on the podium, not
one that I think you'll get away with.
different codes for Verstappen: VER a few races ago (really a chap
who is still racing in Formula E, although often referred to as JEV),
and VPN recently.
Sky have consistantly used VES from his first race. I thought it was an FIA
designated short version but just remembered that they use car numbers (I
think ?).

Cheers,

Bigbird
2016-08-25 13:22:33 UTC
Pole position: Rosberg

P1: Rosberg
P2: Verstappen
P3: Ricciardo
Bruce Hoult
P3: VES
JohnM
2016-08-25 14:26:25 UTC
GP in Belgium

Pole position: Rosberg

P1: Rosberg
P2: Ricciardo
P3: Vettel
JohnM
Jimbo
2016-08-25 15:44:23 UTC
Pole position: ROS

P1: ROS
P2: RIC
P3: VES
Ar
2016-08-25 21:13:45 UTC
On 12/08/16 09:18, Mark wrote:

Pole position: Nico Rosberg

P1: Nico Rosberg
P2: Sebastian Vettel
P3: Lewis Hamilton
News
2016-08-25 21:38:19 UTC
On 8/25/2016 5:13 PM, Ar wrote:

Pole: ROS

P1: ROS
P2: VET
P3: VES
downhill
2016-08-25 23:13:48 UTC
for Hunter
Pole: ROS

P1: ROS
P2: VES
P3: RIC
FB
2016-08-26 00:32:38 UTC
Post by D Munz
Pole position: ROS
P1: ROS
P2: VES
P3: VET
FB
WeeBob
2016-08-26 05:55:40 UTC
Post by Mark
Please post your predictions for the GP in Belgium before the start
of P1 on 26/08/2016. Times for various timezones appear below, but
the cutoff is start of practice.
I too would like to amend my entry as follows:

Pole position: ROS

P1: ROS
P2: VET
P3: VES

Thanks
j***@gmail.com
2016-08-26 06:51:23 UTC
Pole: Rosberg
P1 Rosberg
P2 Verstapen
P3 Hamilton

Qbab (Jakub Barbasz)
ceg
2016-08-26 07:27:54 UTC
Pole position: ROS

P1: ROS
P2: VET
P3: HAM
Mark
2016-08-26 07:37:16 UTC
Pole position: ROS

P1: HAM
P2: ROS
P3: VET
John
2016-08-26 07:48:27 UTC
Pole position: HAM

P1: HAM
P2: ROS
P3: VET
Mark
2016-08-26 07:50:24 UTC
Post by Mark
Please post your predictions for the GP in Belgium before the start
of P1 on 26/08/2016. Times for various timezones appear below, but
the cutoff is start of practice.
Okay, I have:

Entrant Pole 1 2 3
Bobster ROS ROS VES RIC
D Munz ROS ROS RAI RIC
Hornplayer9599 HAM HAM ROS RIC
Oliver Crawford HAM HAM VES RIC
Sreekumar A HAM HAM ROS RAI
Alister ROS ROS VES VET
mairsz HAM HAM VES ROS
Mark Jackson ROS ROS VES RIC
Sir Tim ROS ROS RIC VES
Shaun ROS RIC ROS HAM
downhill ROS HAM RIC VES
Stephen Cole ROS HAM RIC VES
Peter ROS ROS VET RIC
Bigbird ROS ROS VES RIC
Bruce Hoult ROS ROS RIC VES
JohnM ROS ROS RIC VET
Jimbo ROS ROS RIC VES
Ar ROS ROS VET HAM
News ROS ROS VET VES
Hunter ROS ROS VES RIC
FB ROS ROS VES VET
WeeBob ROS ROS VET VES
Jakub Barbasz ROS ROS VES HAM
ceg ROS ROS VET HAM
Mark ROS HAM ROS VET
Dave Baker HAM HAM ROS VET
Phil Carmody HAM HAM ROS BOT
Roman Figaj HAM HAM ROS RIC
John HAM HAM ROS VET
build
8 fools
Bigbird
1 dumb comment.
build
OK, I apologise to all those who didn't take the comment in the mode it was posted, i.e. a club room dig to blokes who are gunna kick 'em selves after qually. It was not posted to offend, it was posted with a big wooden spoon.
Bigbird
2016-08-27 08:53:05 UTC
Post by build
Post by Bigbird
Post by build
Post by Mark
Post by Mark
[...]
No less dumb all the same.

When you take your foot out of your mouth long enough to work out why
you can apologise again to those you have unneccesarily offended in
their absence.

Take the hint. :)
~misfit~
2016-08-26 08:46:34 UTC
[...]