First photos of a 2017 car
2017-02-02 13:12:33 UTC
The car being the Manor.

Photos and some comment
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127939/what-manor-images-reveal-about-2017-designs
Dan the Man
2017-02-02 13:50:56 UTC
The car being the Manor.
Photos and some comment
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127939/what-manor-images-reveal-about-2017-designs
Interesting. Too bad this car will never see a race track.
Edmund
2017-02-03 12:06:09 UTC
Post by Dan the Man
Interesting. Too bad this car will never see a race track.
I read there is still a glimpse of hope for Manor, only a glimpse though.

2017-02-03 12:45:11 UTC
Post by Dan the Man
Interesting. Too bad this car will never see a race track.
I read there is still a glimpse of hope for Manor, only a glimpse though.
In theory. Because "Manor" is three separate companies, and only one of those is insolvent. The company that owns the F1 entry is still a going concern. But the three companies have the same ownership, so they will want to sell the whole lot, or at least get rid of some debt.

And there's a time issue. The teams will soon be testing and getting ready for Melbourne. The later the team is bought (if it is bought) the greater the logistical problems.

It could have been saved, but the owners held out too long for too high a price.
D Munz
2017-02-03 13:06:09 UTC
Post by Dan the Man
Interesting. Too bad this car will never see a race track.
I read there is still a glimpse of hope for Manor, only a glimpse though.
In theory. Because "Manor" is three separate companies, and only one of those is insolvent. The company that owns the F1 entry is still a going concern. But the three companies have the same ownership, so they will want to sell the whole lot, or at least get rid of some debt.
And there's a time issue. The teams will soon be testing and getting ready for Melbourne. The later the team is bought (if it is bought) the greater the logistical problems.
It could have been saved, but the owners held out too long for too high a price.
Not a rumor or even a hint, just for our speculative entertainment...

Wouldn't it be interesting if Bernie jumped in an picked up the pieces. He could then buy into F1 (under the team investment pool) and continue to lob grenades.

brafield
2017-02-02 18:17:47 UTC
Take the whole nose off and require the driver to do the driving ------------
Bobster
2017-02-02 20:30:41 UTC
Post by brafield
Post by Bobster
The car being the Manor.
Photos and some comment
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127939/what-manor-images-reveal-about-2017-designs
Take the whole nose off and require the driver to do the driving ------------
Huh?

I know we have some fans of the good old days here, but wings on the nose of the car have been a feature of F1 cars for nearly 50 years now.
brafield
2017-02-02 22:00:43 UTC
Post by brafield
Post by Bobster
The car being the Manor.
Photos and some comment
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127939/what-manor-images-reveal-about-2017-designs
Take the whole nose off and require the driver to do the driving ------------
Huh?
I know we have some fans of the good old days here, but wings on the nose of the car have been a feature of F1 cars for nearly 50 years now.
Bobster, it was pure emotional old-geezer reaction.

Actually I have been amazed year after year recently that SO FEW cars lose their front wings --- I suppose I'm equating LH at 300kph with my efforts to nose my pickup into a parking slot :-)
Bobster
2017-02-03 02:54:57 UTC
Post by brafield
Post by Bobster
Post by brafield
Post by Bobster
The car being the Manor.
Photos and some comment
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127939/what-manor-images-reveal-about-2017-designs
Take the whole nose off and require the driver to do the driving ------------
Huh?
I know we have some fans of the good old days here, but wings on the nose of the car have been a feature of F1 cars for nearly 50 years now.
Bobster, it was pure emotional old-geezer reaction.
LOL. And older geezer than me, then. I can remember a time when there were no aero bits on an F1 car, but only just and a bit vaguely.

I don't think it takes away from the driver anymore than great suspension does.
I can relate. There was a time a few years back when bits flew off wings with great regularity. The front wings were very wide at that time. This year they are wider, but also swept back.
brafield
2017-02-03 06:20:40 UTC
Hey, I was writing "Godin de Beaufort" on my schoolbooks ---- you can date me from that :-)
Bobster
2017-02-03 06:57:06 UTC
Thanks. I feel so much younger.
~misfit~
2017-02-04 00:23:41 UTC
Post by brafield
Post by Bobster
LOL. And older geezer than me, then. I can remember a time when
there were no aero bits on an F1 car, but only just and a bit
vaguely.
Hey, I was writing "Godin de Beaufort" on my schoolbooks ---- you can date me from that :-)
What I haven't been able to find out is if he was wearing his Beatles wig
instead of a helmet at the time of his crash (and subsequent death from head
injuries).