[OT] Engine starting procedure
2017-01-31 13:09:33 UTC
So, you think F1 is complicated:

“Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional”
Bruce Hoult
2017-01-31 13:56:32 UTC
http://youtu.be/H39drBmwxL8
“Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional”
So the "hit and miss" part actually describes the crude governor.

From something around the end of the 19th century?
Sir Tim
2017-01-31 15:41:12 UTC
Post by Bruce Hoult
Post by Sir Tim
http://youtu.be/H39drBmwxL8
“Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional”
So the "hit and miss" part actually describes the crude governor.
From something around the end of the 19th century?
First one fitted to a narrowboat was in 1912. By 1930 they were more or
less ubiquitous; after that new boats tended to fit Russell Newberys.

The early ones didn't have any means of reversing but that didn't worry
the boatmen as horses don't have reverse either!

“Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional”
brafield
2017-01-31 20:48:00 UTC
On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 7:41:14 AM UTC-8, Sir Tim wrote:

When I was a lad I remember watching them start the Field Marshal with a 12-bore shotgun cartridge. Here's an example.