"I cannot understand the 10 minutes at all"
2018-02-26 12:29:43 UTC
The extra ten minutes allows the audience to get started on a good snooze.

Especially with no grid girls to ogle.

Spectacle becomes Snorefest.

---

"The shift of an hour to 2 to 3 o'clock I think is good, but I cannot
understand the 10 minutes at all," he said. "I think that's a mistake."

As for the grid girl ban, Wolff said: "I don't understand it at all. I
always liked it, and I don't think it was at all negative for women."

http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/mercedes-f1-team-principal-continues-blast-liberty-media-over-changes
m***@gmail.com
2018-02-26 15:00:00 UTC
The extra ten minutes allows the audience to get started on a good snooze.
Especially with no grid girls to ogle.
Spectacle becomes Snorefest.
I'm tempted to say it won't make much difference. After all, if folks at the track are used to aiming to be back in their seats at quarter to, they'll just make it five to instead. Everything will adjust by 10 minutes.

But I think for the larger audience, the TV audience, it will make a difference if they tell the TV stations to start broadcasting on the hour but delay the start by 10 minutes. So what do they fill the 10 minutes with?
News
A Liberty load of commercials.
m***@gmail.com
Isn't that up to individual broadcasters?
News
Local insertion plays second fiddle to content supplier.
m***@gmail.com
And how much advertising content has F1 inserted until now? Sure, there are Heinken signs all over the place, but that's in the background to the action. They don't insert actual commercials.
News
Wait for it.
~misfit~
2018-02-27 04:25:36 UTC
The extra ten minutes allows the audience to get started on a good snooze.
Especially with no grid girls to ogle.
Spectacle becomes Snorefest.
---
"The shift of an hour to 2 to 3 o'clock I think is good, but I cannot
understand the 10 minutes at all," he said. "I think that's a
mistake."
As for the grid girl ban, Wolff said: "I don't understand it at all. I
always liked it, and I don't think it was at all negative for women."
http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/mercedes-f1-team-principal-continues-blast-liberty-media-over-changes
Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned but I think that Austrians who are in the
public eye should avoid using the phrase "final solution"...

Quote re halo: ""It's right to protect the drivers, but this cannot be the
final solution."

No it's not Toto - the final solution involved killing millions of Jews.

2018-02-27 04:40:22 UTC
Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned but I think that Austrians who are in the
public eye should avoid using the phrase "final solution"...
Quote re halo: ""It's right to protect the drivers, but this cannot be the
final solution."
No it's not Toto - the final solution involved killing millions of Jews.
I agree that some common decency is a good thing, but in this case the context was perfectly clear.