Vettel and ERS charging
2017-07-31 03:03:23 UTC
Vettel's car was seen going down the main straight with the red light flashing merrily.

Shortly thereafter there was a scheduled visit to our house for tea, so I didn't pay a lot of attention to the race from then on.

Was this dealt with in the commentary?

My initial guess was that with his car not good and with Raikkonen closing, he was using all his stored power when approaching the DRS detection point to keep the gap wide enough there that Raikkonen wouldn't get DRS.

But then by doing that he gives away straight line speed on the straight, so Raikkonen has an advantage anyway.

So maybe not.
Bigbird
2017-07-31 05:34:51 UTC
Vettel's car was seen going down the main straight with the red light flashing merrily.
Shortly thereafter there was a scheduled visit to our house for tea,
so I didn't pay a lot of attention to the race from then on.
Was this dealt with in the commentary?
Tea at your house? Not on the channel I was watching.
Post by Bobster
My initial guess was that with his car not good and with Raikkonen
closing, he was using all his stored power when approaching the DRS
detection point to keep the gap wide enough there that Raikkonen
wouldn't get DRS.
But then by doing that he gives away straight line speed on the
straight, so Raikkonen has an advantage anyway.
So maybe not.
What has any of that to do with a flashing red light?

What do you think the red light signified? Why would it be flashing all
the way down the straight?
~misfit~
2017-07-31 11:22:39 UTC
Vettel's car was seen going down the main straight with the red light flashing merrily.
Shortly thereafter there was a scheduled visit to our house for tea,
so I didn't pay a lot of attention to the race from then on.
Was this dealt with in the commentary?
Tea at your house? Not on the channel I was watching.
But maybe it was where Brudle was recuperating.
My initial guess was that with his car not good and with Raikkonen
closing, he was using all his stored power when approaching the DRS
detection point to keep the gap wide enough there that Raikkonen
wouldn't get DRS.
But then by doing that he gives away straight line speed on the
straight, so Raikkonen has an advantage anyway.
So maybe not.
What has any of that to do with a flashing red light?
What do you think the red light signified? Why would it be flashing
all the way down the straight?
Brundle sent a txt to Croft mentioing the same thing during the race. Maybe
instead of channeling Jordan Bob is channeling Brundle now?

2017-07-31 14:48:12 UTC
Brundle sent a txt to Croft mentioing the same thing during the race. Maybe
instead of channeling Jordan Bob is channeling Brundle now?
You loser, leg humping, piece of shit.