Why???
Add Reply
Stephen Thomas Cole
2017-05-29 13:04:54 UTC
Do chavs put large aerofoils on the back of front wheel drive cars?
It reduces turbulence and the resulting drag, regardless of which
wheels are driven.
Except it doesn't - hence why DRS is needed for F1 cars.
Back on topic... what frequencies do they use for in-car radio I
wonder...
Cross-posted to rasf1 in case there's anyone who has the energy to put this
guy right.
--
STC / M0TEY /
http://twitter.com/ukradioamateur
bra
2017-05-29 18:06:27 UTC
Do chavs put large aerofoils on the back of front wheel drive cars?
Nothing wrong with dressing up one's car, if one wishes, though for daily driving on public roads, aero tricks are dress, not operative. I stuck chequered tape, and go-faster chrome tape on my first cars. No harm to anyone.

I don't like anyone being called a "chav". Car people are so many more things than just "car people". Yesterday I was doing my usual announcing duties at a drag strip, and among the volunteers and the crowd and the racers, it was a fabulous community mix. A local singer got her third trophy in three years; a father and daughter each won their class; I saw neighbours with disabilities enjoying the racing; I saw schoolkids racing thanks to a local couple who had donated a car to each of two local schools. When the starter had to leave, the wife of another official took over the 'Christmas tree' for the rest of the day. I saw [this is Canada] First Nations people, and people from canoe clubs and the police. Best was when one driver's race was spoiled by a timing glitch in his lane, and his rival handed him the win with a smile and a handshake.

I guess I'm saying these things because we get so tied up in irrational and frankly unhelpful sniping and prejudice, when motor sport is still, at heart, a wonderful sport.
Sir Tim
2017-05-29 19:11:31 UTC
I don't like anyone being called a "chav".
What, not even chavs :-)