DotD - Spain?
2018-05-14 05:41:15 UTC
Can't really think of one. Hamilton drove off into the distance and no one else was that interesting. Maybe one of the back markers?
t***@gmail.com
2018-05-14 05:54:05 UTC

That is a trend with you.
Heron
2018-05-14 05:57:00 UTC
On 5/14/2018 12:41 AM, John wrote:
> Can't really think of one. Hamilton drove off into the distance and no one else was that interesting. Maybe one of the back markers?

Oh, I don't know, maybe the guy on pole
and race winner? https://f1.com/vote
John
2018-05-14 06:11:23 UTC

So the best drive of the day is always the winner?
M2T
2018-05-14 08:22:44 UTC

Who gives a flying fuck. It's a makey uppey award.
John
2018-05-15 19:48:56 UTC

So why did you even read this topic?
M2T
2018-05-15 20:10:43 UTC

Fuck off moron. This isn't failbook, I get to say what I like.
Calum
2018-05-16 10:39:48 UTC

And we get to ridicule you for it as we see fit.
M2T
2018-05-16 11:44:08 UTC

Up yer frock Jock
Martin Harran
2018-05-17 12:01:02 UTC
On Sun, 13 May 2018 23:11:23 -0700 (PDT), John <***@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 10:57:08 PM UTC-7, Heron wrote:
>> On 5/14/2018 12:41 AM, John wrote:
>> > Can't really think of one. Hamilton drove off into the distance and no one else was that interesting. Maybe one of the back markers?
>>
>> Oh, I don't know, maybe the guy on pole
>> and race winner? https://f1.com/vote
>

>So the best drive of the day is always the winner?

I doubt that he was suggesting that but the fact that the winner is
not necessarily DOTD doesn't mean they cannot be DODT in any
specific race.

I personally find it hard to pick out any other driver who drove a
better race than the winner in this particular instance - can you?
Sir Tim
2018-05-14 06:47:57 UTC

Another very decent drive from Charles Leclerc.
M2T
2018-05-14 08:19:39 UTC
On 14/05/2018 06:41, John wrote:
> Can't really think of one. Hamilton drove off into the distance and no one else was that interesting. Maybe one of the back markers?

A slight problem awarding the Alternative DotD - Dick of the Day.
Was it -

Vettel for complaining about the misuse of VSC loophole - or -
Grosjean for being a twat.
~misfit~
2018-05-14 09:59:46 UTC
Once upon a time on usenet M2T wrote:
> On 14/05/2018 06:41, John wrote:
>> Can't really think of one. Hamilton drove off into the distance
>> and no one else was that interesting. Maybe one of the back
>> markers?
>
> A slight problem awarding the Alternative DotD - Dick of the Day.
> Was it -
>
> Vettel for complaining about the misuse of VSC loophole - or -
> Grosjean for being a twat.

It seems Grosjean can't help being a twat. A 3-place grid penalty is far too
light IMO - he should have got a 1-race ban.

2018-05-14 11:02:02 UTC
~misfit~ <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> Once upon a time on usenet M2T wrote:
>> On 14/05/2018 06:41, John wrote:
>>> Can't really think of one. Hamilton drove off into the distance
>>> and no one else was that interesting. Maybe one of the back
>>> markers?
>>
>> A slight problem awarding the Alternative DotD - Dick of the Day.
>> Was it -
>>
>> Vettel for complaining about the misuse of VSC loophole - or -
>> Grosjean for being a twat.
>
> It seems Grosjean can't help being a twat. A 3-place grid penalty is far too
> light IMO - he should have got a 1-race ban.

Anyone who can drive into the wall behind the SC and claim he was hit as
gotta be a dick.

2018-05-14 12:46:40 UTC
Once upon a time on usenet Sir Tim wrote:
> ~misfit~ <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> A slight problem awarding the Alternative DotD - Dick of the Day.
>>> Was it -
>>>
>>> Vettel for complaining about the misuse of VSC loophole - or -
>>> Grosjean for being a twat.
>>
>> It seems Grosjean can't help being a twat. A 3-place grid penalty is
>> far too light IMO - he should have got a 1-race ban.
>
> Anyone who can drive into the wall behind the SC and claim he was hit
> as gotta be a dick.

Agreed he was a dick for driving into the wall under the safety car but I
think you'll find it was his engineer who said he was hit. (Listen to it
again, the cheese-eating accent isn't as thick as Grosjeans.)

That said both he and Gasly are very quick to open their mouths and blame
everyone else when shit happens.