UK : Sky Sports F1 package changing
Philip
2017-07-16 08:53:58 UTC
For those in the UK, Sky are apparently changing their packages from July
18th, and it appears that the "Sky Sports F1" channel will be available
more cheaply than currently.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10940375/the-new-sky-sports-watch-
every-formula-1-race-live-on-sky-sports-f1

Disclaimer: I'm not a Sky customer (other than getting a free Sky Sports
Mobile package through my Vodafone phone contract), so I'm not really sure
how their byzantine charging structure currently works.
Willsy
2017-07-17 10:19:26 UTC
Post by Philip
For those in the UK, Sky are apparently changing their packages from July
18th, and it appears that the "Sky Sports F1" channel will be available
more cheaply than currently.
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10940375/the-new-sky-sports-watch-
every-formula-1-race-live-on-sky-sports-f1
Disclaimer: I'm not a Sky customer (other than getting a free Sky Sports
Mobile package through my Vodafone phone contract), so I'm not really sure
how their byzantine charging structure currently works.
Thanks for the heads-up.

There's more info for anyone that's interested here:

http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sports/new-sky-sports

Now you can just have Sky Sports F1 for £18 a month.

Having weighed it up, I'm going to pass. It's £18 pound a month
for what amounts to about 4 hours total viewing per race event,
with qualifying and the race. Sky Sports F1 actually produce a
LOT more content than that per race event, but I'm lucky if I
can grab the TV long enough to watch the qualies and the race
(it's the ONLY thing on TV that I bother to watch, I literally
don't watch anything else on TV.)

Given that I normally have to fast-forward through Sky's very
thorough coverage, I'm going to stick to Channel 4's coverage,
which I've found to be excellent, and I think I actually prefer
their somewhat more condensed format.

Except for Eddie Jordan. He's just a twat.
Bigbird
2017-07-17 10:37:48 UTC
Post by Willsy
Post by Philip
every-formula-1-race-live-on-sky-sports-f1
Disclaimer: I'm not a Sky customer (other than getting a free Sky
Sports Mobile package through my Vodafone phone contract), so I'm
not really sure how their byzantine charging structure currently
works.
Thanks for the heads-up.
http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sports/new-sky-sports
Now you can just have Sky Sports F1 for £18 a month.
If it were just the £18/month that would be within what I was happy to
pay a few years ago when I used to be more inclined to watch every
session.

Approx £10/weekend for 3 practice sessions qualifying F2, GP3 and F1
races is in the realms of affordability and value for a great many F1
fans.

However I suspect the £18 is on top of a basic Sky package so more like
£40/month.
Post by Willsy
Having weighed it up, I'm going to pass. It's £18 pound a month
for what amounts to about 4 hours total viewing per race event,
with qualifying and the race. Sky Sports F1 actually produce a
LOT more content than that per race event, but I'm lucky if I
can grab the TV long enough to watch the qualies and the race
(it's the ONLY thing on TV that I bother to watch, I literally
don't watch anything else on TV.)
Given that I normally have to fast-forward through Sky's very
thorough coverage, I'm going to stick to Channel 4's coverage,
which I've found to be excellent, and I think I actually prefer
their somewhat more condensed format.
Except for Eddie Jordan. He's just a twat.
I am not a fan of their main presenter. From what I saw of him this
weekend he seems almost uninterested in the F1 and more interested in
clothes and haircuts. I rather like Karun Chandook. His contributions
are well worth having.
Calum
2017-07-17 19:00:54 UTC
Post by Willsy
Given that I normally have to fast-forward through Sky's very
thorough coverage, I'm going to stick to Channel 4's coverage,
which I've found to be excellent, and I think I actually prefer
their somewhat more condensed format.
I prefer it too, but of course Sky F1 will be the only (legal) option
after this season.