McLaren gave up!
2018-07-06 10:04:46 UTC
So for the next couple of years no McLaren anywhere near the top.
Which probably means no Alfonzie wasting his time there anymore
although the millions piling up is not entirely wasted time.

Maybe Lando Norris along with Stoffel cruising behind the F1 cars?

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/137224/mclaren-admits-it-has-less-downforce-than-last-year

2018-07-06 10:29:39 UTC
On 06/07/2018 11:04, Edmund wrote:
> So for the next couple of years no McLaren anywhere near the top.
> Which probably means no Alfonzie wasting his time there anymore
> although the millions piling up is not entirely wasted time.
>
> Maybe Lando Norris along with Stoffel cruising behind the F1 cars?
>
> https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/137224/mclaren-admits-it-has-less-downforce-than-last-year

I've got news for you. McLaren gave up years ago. Stupidly, they
haven't given up paying Fred.
Martin Harran
2018-07-06 12:12:19 UTC
On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 10:04:46 -0000 (UTC), Edmund <***@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>So for the next couple of years no McLaren anywhere near the top.
>Which probably means no Alfonzie wasting his time there anymore

I think Fred would have been away long ago if he had had anywhere
better to go but basically nobody worthwhile wanted him. His only
options now seem to be to stick with a 3rd rate team or get out of F1
completely.

Bruce Hoult
2018-07-07 03:03:23 UTC
On Friday, July 6, 2018 at 5:12:24 AM UTC-7, Martin Harran wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 10:04:46 -0000 (UTC), Edmund <***@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >So for the next couple of years no McLaren anywhere near the top.
> >Which probably means no Alfonzie wasting his time there anymore
>
> I think Fred would have been away long ago if he had had anywhere
> better to go but basically nobody worthwhile wanted him. His only
> options now seem to be to stick with a 3rd rate team or get out of F1
> completely.
>

> >although the millions piling up is not entirely wasted time.
> >
> >Maybe Lando Norris along with Stoffel cruising behind the F1 cars?
> >
> >https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/137224/mclaren-admits-it-has-less-downforce-than-last-year

It's really a shame that he's made such disastrous changes of teams, leaving teams that are on the way up, and joining teams on the way down. Alonso is in the top five or six drivers in any race you put him in.

2nd youngest pole position
3rd on the all time points scored. (helped of course by driving recently)
3rd highest on number of consecutive podium finishes
3rd youngest race winner
4th youngest driver to get fastest lap
4th highest number of consecutive podiums
5th highest number of podiums
6th highest number of wins
6th youngest driver to start a race
6th youngest driver to finish on the podium
7th highest number of average points per race started
10th highest number of fastest laps
13th highest number of poles
14th highest number of WDCs (= with Hakkinen and Ascari)

Except for "Youngest X", Alonso would surely be a lot higher up in most of those is he'd been better at picking teams. Even just staying at Ferrari once he got there!
Edmund
2018-07-07 07:39:32 UTC
On Fri, 06 Jul 2018 20:03:23 -0700, Bruce Hoult wrote:

> On Friday, July 6, 2018 at 5:12:24 AM UTC-7, Martin Harran wrote:
>> On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 10:04:46 -0000 (UTC), Edmund <***@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >So for the next couple of years no McLaren anywhere near the top.
>> >Which probably means no Alfonzie wasting his time there anymore
>>
>> I think Fred would have been away long ago if he had had anywhere
>> better to go but basically nobody worthwhile wanted him. His only
>> options now seem to be to stick with a 3rd rate team or get out of F1
>> completely.
>>

>> >although the millions piling up is not entirely wasted time.
>> >
>> >Maybe Lando Norris along with Stoffel cruising behind the F1 cars?
>> >
>> >https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/137224/mclaren-admits-it-has-less-downforce-than-last-year
>
> It's really a shame that he's made such disastrous changes of teams, leaving teams that are on the way up, and joining teams on the way down. Alonso is in the top five or six drivers in any race you put him in.

The way you put it make it sound like he knew what was going to
happen in the future and I doubt that is true.
Admitted, he probably would have been be much better of if he left both
Ferrari and Mclaren/Honda sooner.

About the team on the way up :
Honda -after being sacked by McLaren- you can bet they invested even more
cash then they already did and all they managed so far is they
can do a decent number of laps without replacing 4 PU's every race.
They are still slower then Mclaren (maybe equal) in a much better chassis an have
much more PU problems although not so much during races.

Mclaren? well they are not really on the way to win races IMO.
With the Renault PU they have been exposed as a team that
screwed up massively.
If they did not made that PU switch, they probably wouldn't even
know how much they screwed up. At least now they know and can start
doing their job.

2018-07-07 08:25:16 UTC
On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 20:03:23 -0700 (PDT), Bruce Hoult
<***@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Friday, July 6, 2018 at 5:12:24 AM UTC-7, Martin Harran wrote:
>> On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 10:04:46 -0000 (UTC), Edmund <***@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >So for the next couple of years no McLaren anywhere near the top.
>> >Which probably means no Alfonzie wasting his time there anymore
>>
>> I think Fred would have been away long ago if he had had anywhere
>> better to go but basically nobody worthwhile wanted him. His only
>> options now seem to be to stick with a 3rd rate team or get out of F1
>> completely.
>>

>> >although the millions piling up is not entirely wasted time.
>> >
>> >Maybe Lando Norris along with Stoffel cruising behind the F1 cars?
>> >
>> >https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/137224/mclaren-admits-it-has-less-downforce-than-last-year
>
>It's really a shame that he's made such disastrous changes of teams, leaving teams that are on the way up, and joining teams on the way down. Alonso is in the top five or six drivers in any race you put him in.
>
>2nd youngest pole position
>3rd on the all time points scored. (helped of course by driving recently)
>3rd highest on number of consecutive podium finishes
>3rd youngest race winner
>4th youngest driver to get fastest lap
>4th highest number of consecutive podiums
>5th highest number of podiums
>6th highest number of wins
>6th youngest driver to start a race
>6th youngest driver to finish on the podium
>7th highest number of average points per race started
>10th highest number of fastest laps
>13th highest number of poles
>14th highest number of WDCs (= with Hakkinen and Ascari)
>
>Except for "Youngest X", Alonso would surely be a lot higher up in most of those is he'd been better at picking teams. Even just staying at Ferrari once he got there!

Alonso is undoubtedly one of the top drivers of his generation but not
withstanding his two WDCs, probably near the top of the list for
unrealised potential due to his truly dreadful career judgement.

Mind you, I also can't help wondering if irrespective of his *driving*
skills, he has an overall negative influence on development in the
teams he drives for.
Edmund
2018-07-07 09:53:02 UTC
On Sat, 07 Jul 2018 09:25:16 +0100, Martin Harran wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 20:03:23 -0700 (PDT), Bruce Hoult
> <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Friday, July 6, 2018 at 5:12:24 AM UTC-7, Martin Harran wrote:

>>> I think Fred would have been away long ago if he had had anywhere
>>> better to go but basically nobody worthwhile wanted him. His only
>>> options now seem to be to stick with a 3rd rate team or get out of F1
>>> completely.

>>It's really a shame that he's made such disastrous changes of teams, leaving teams that are on the way up, and joining teams on the way down. Alonso is in the top five or six drivers in any race you put him in.
>>
>>2nd youngest pole position
>>3rd on the all time points scored. (helped of course by driving recently)
>>3rd highest on number of consecutive podium finishes
>>3rd youngest race winner
>>4th youngest driver to get fastest lap
>>4th highest number of consecutive podiums
>>5th highest number of podiums
>>6th highest number of wins
>>6th youngest driver to start a race
>>6th youngest driver to finish on the podium
>>7th highest number of average points per race started
>>10th highest number of fastest laps
>>13th highest number of poles
>>14th highest number of WDCs (= with Hakkinen and Ascari)
>>
>>Except for "Youngest X", Alonso would surely be a lot higher up in most of those is he'd been better at picking teams. Even just staying at Ferrari once he got there!
>
> Alonso is undoubtedly one of the top drivers of his generation but not
> withstanding his two WDCs, probably near the top of the list for
> unrealised potential due to his truly dreadful career judgement.
>
> Mind you, I also can't help wondering if irrespective of his *driving*
> skills, he has an overall negative influence on development in the
> teams he drives for.

Would you like to share your source?

2018-07-07 14:54:33 UTC
On 07/07/2018 10:53, Edmund wrote:

>> Alonso is undoubtedly one of the top drivers of his generation but not
>> withstanding his two WDCs, probably near the top of the list for
>> unrealised potential due to his truly dreadful career judgement.
>>
>> Mind you, I also can't help wondering if irrespective of his *driving*
>> skills, he has an overall negative influence on development in the
>> teams he drives for.
>
> Would you like to share your source?

Other than the moron running McLaren at this time, there have been
little or no positive opinions about Fred from any of the teams he's
driven for.

As for sauce, the pissed up Aussie knows where to get canoe loads.
Edmund
2018-07-07 15:20:21 UTC
On Sat, 07 Jul 2018 15:54:33 +0100, M2T wrote:

> On 07/07/2018 10:53, Edmund wrote:
>
>>> Alonso is undoubtedly one of the top drivers of his generation but not
>>> withstanding his two WDCs, probably near the top of the list for
>>> unrealised potential due to his truly dreadful career judgement.
>>>
>>> Mind you, I also can't help wondering if irrespective of his *driving*
>>> skills, he has an overall negative influence on development in the
>>> teams he drives for.
>>
>> Would you like to share your source?
>>

> Other than the moron running McLaren at this time, there have been
> little or no positive opinions about Fred from any of the teams he's
> driven for.

Oh I see, everyone disagreeing with is a moron, sorry my bad.
Do like like to try answering my question?

2018-07-07 16:31:43 UTC

You're running McLaren?
M2T
2018-07-07 14:34:37 UTC
On 07/07/2018 04:03, Bruce Hoult wrote:
> On Friday, July 6, 2018 at 5:12:24 AM UTC-7, Martin Harran wrote:
>> On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 10:04:46 -0000 (UTC), Edmund <***@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> So for the next couple of years no McLaren anywhere near the top.
>>> Which probably means no Alfonzie wasting his time there anymore
>>
>> I think Fred would have been away long ago if he had had anywhere
>> better to go but basically nobody worthwhile wanted him. His only
>> options now seem to be to stick with a 3rd rate team or get out of F1
>> completely.
>>

>>> although the millions piling up is not entirely wasted time.
>>>
>>> Maybe Lando Norris along with Stoffel cruising behind the F1 cars?
>>>
>>> https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/137224/mclaren-admits-it-has-less-downforce-than-last-year
>
> It's really a shame that he's made such disastrous changes of teams, leaving teams that are on the way up, and joining teams on the way down. Alonso is in the top five or six drivers in any race you put him in.
>
> 2nd youngest pole position
> 3rd on the all time points scored. (helped of course by driving recently)
> 3rd highest on number of consecutive podium finishes
> 3rd youngest race winner
> 4th youngest driver to get fastest lap
> 4th highest number of consecutive podiums
> 5th highest number of podiums
> 6th highest number of wins
> 6th youngest driver to start a race
> 6th youngest driver to finish on the podium
> 7th highest number of average points per race started
> 10th highest number of fastest laps
> 13th highest number of poles
> 14th highest number of WDCs (= with Hakkinen and Ascari)
>
> Except for "Youngest X", Alonso would surely be a lot higher up in most of those is he'd been better at picking teams. Even just staying at Ferrari once he got there!

No 1 at nothing. Even if he gets the fantasy triple crown, he'll be No 2