Kimi
2018-09-01 21:34:56 UTC
Awesome Q3!

What's Ferrari's strat? Does Vettel take first immediately and hope Kimi can hold Hamilton off for second or does Vettel block and then pass late in the race?
Edmund
2018-09-01 22:15:00 UTC
On 09/01/2018 11:34 PM, John wrote:
> Awesome Q3!
>
> What's Ferrari's strat? Does Vettel take first immediately and hope Kimi can hold Hamilton off for second or does Vettel block and then pass late in the race?

Don't know, all I know is Vettel is pretty pissed about it.

2018-09-02 02:29:12 UTC
On 2/09/2018 10:15 AM, Edmund wrote:
> On 09/01/2018 11:34 PM, John wrote:
>>    Awesome Q3!
>>
>> What's Ferrari's strat?  Does Vettel take first immediately and hope
>> Kimi can hold Hamilton off for second or does Vettel block and then
>> pass late in the race?
>>
> Don't know, all I know is Vettel is pretty pissed about it.
>
> Edmund

What happened last time VET got pissed off in a big way ? Maybe some
'wheel to wheel' bumper-car action coming up if things get close !

2018-09-02 02:43:24 UTC
Once upon a time on usenet geoff wrote:
> On 2/09/2018 10:15 AM, Edmund wrote:
>> On 09/01/2018 11:34 PM, John wrote:
>>> Awesome Q3!
>>>
>>> What's Ferrari's strat? Does Vettel take first immediately and hope
>>> Kimi can hold Hamilton off for second or does Vettel block and then
>>> pass late in the race?
>>>
>> Don't know, all I know is Vettel is pretty pissed about it.
>>
>> Edmund
>
> What happened last time VET got pissed off in a big way ? Maybe some
> 'wheel to wheel' bumper-car action coming up if things get close !

Nah, if Kimi keeps the lead up to the first stops I predict the odds of him
having a slow pit stop are very high.

2018-09-02 04:03:09 UTC

Is that the sound of a sheep getting fucked?
Edmund
2018-09-02 06:47:13 UTC
On 09/02/2018 04:43 AM, ~misfit~ wrote:
> Once upon a time on usenet geoff wrote:

>>> Don't know, all I know is Vettel is pretty pissed about it.
>>>
>>> Edmund
>>
>> What happened last time VET got pissed off in a big way ? Maybe some
>> 'wheel to wheel' bumper-car action coming up if things get close !
>
> Nah, if Kimi keeps the lead up to the first stops I predict the odds of him
> having a slow pit stop are very high.

If Ham isn't second, yes.

2018-09-02 10:26:15 UTC
~misfit~ <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> Once upon a time on usenet geoff wrote:

>>> Don't know, all I know is Vettel is pretty pissed about it.
>>>
>>> Edmund
>>
>> What happened last time VET got pissed off in a big way ? Maybe some
>> 'wheel to wheel' bumper-car action coming up if things get close !
>
> Nah, if Kimi keeps the lead up to the first stops I predict the odds of him
> having a slow pit stop are very high.

Mark Hughes, in today’s Sunday Times, quotes Vettel as saying: “If he’s on
pole I guess he’s allowed to fight for the win”. Hughes interprets this as
a reference to a stipulation in Kimi’s contract. It will be interesting to
see what happens. Personally I suspect that your prediction is correct, but
I would *love* to see Kimi win - and at Monza of all places :-)

2018-09-03 03:42:31 UTC
Once upon a time on usenet Sir Tim wrote:
> ~misfit~ <***@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> What happened last time VET got pissed off in a big way ? Maybe
>>> some 'wheel to wheel' bumper-car action coming up if things get
>>> close !
>>
>> Nah, if Kimi keeps the lead up to the first stops I predict the odds
>> of him having a slow pit stop are very high.
>
> Mark Hughes, in today's Sunday Times, quotes Vettel as saying: "If
> he's on pole I guess he's allowed to fight for the win". Hughes
> interprets this as a reference to a stipulation in Kimi's contract.

I heard that too but what Vettel / Ferrari say and what they do are often at
odds. Luckilly for Kimi Vettel was too far behind in the race to benefit
from Kimi having a slow pitstop. ;)

> It will be interesting to see what happens. Personally I suspect that
> your prediction is correct, but I would *love* to see Kimi win - and
> at Monza of all places :-)

I too would have liked to see Kimi win (even though I correctly picked P1,
P2 and P3 in the pool). I was very impressed with the way Kimi left Lewis
room when he overtook him. Contrast that to the two angry drivers (Vettel
and Verstappen) both of whom would rather put themselves and the other
driver out of the race than allow a pass.

There're good reasons that Kimi is one of my favourite drivers. :)

2018-09-02 04:12:23 UTC

Yes, hold onto your gay lover tight.
Sir Tim
2018-09-02 10:33:12 UTC
Edmund <***@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/01/2018 11:34 PM, John wrote:
>> Awesome Q3!
>>
>> What's Ferrari's strat? Does Vettel take first immediately and hope
>> Kimi can hold Hamilton off for second or does Vettel block and then pass late in the race?
>>
> Don't know, all I know is Vettel is pretty pissed about it.

I think that what pissed him was the fact that the team sent him out too
late to catch Hamilton’s tow. On his own admission he was unsettled and
overdrove the car.