The teeniest of teeny trivia, worthy of the ols News of the World
2017-09-28 16:11:26 UTC
A driver punched a hole in his hotel room wall.
AUTOSPORT editors thought that deserved top billing, or even mentioning?
.
2017-09-28 16:38:05 UTC
A driver punched a hole in his hotel room wall.
AUTOSPORT editors thought that deserved top billing, or even mentioning?
And yet the certifiable nutcase constantly (while
simultaneously complaining) declares how happy he is.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alonso-fist-sized-hole-singapore-retirement-958610/
m***@gmail.com
2017-09-29 03:05:59 UTC
A driver punched a hole in his hotel room wall.
AUTOSPORT editors thought that deserved top billing, or even mentioning?
Was it in a hotel or the team's hospitality suite?

I actually don't much mind them doing these sorts of things and I doubt it's that uncommon. Sports persons go onto the track/field pumped up for the contest and they can't just turn that off.

In this case, Alonso could see a decent result there for the taking after a season of pain and then he gets taken out because of other people's comings together. Of course he's got steam to vent.

Might it be conduct injurious to the reputation of the sport or some such if he decided to wreck the podium or trash the pit in front of the cameras? Possibly, I suppose. If he does it away from the glare of publicity then definitely not.
Sir Tim
2017-09-29 06:12:04 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by bra
A driver punched a hole in his hotel room wall.
AUTOSPORT editors thought that deserved top billing, or even mentioning?
Was it in a hotel or the team's hospitality suite?
I actually don't much mind them doing these sorts of things and I doubt
it's that uncommon. Sports persons go onto the track/field pumped up for
the contest and they can't just turn that off.
As witnessed by the Ben Stokes incident in the UK:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/41433110
2017-09-29 07:40:13 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by bra
A driver punched a hole in his hotel room wall.
AUTOSPORT editors thought that deserved top billing, or even mentioning?
Was it in a hotel or the team's hospitality suite?
I actually don't much mind them doing these sorts of things and I doubt
it's that uncommon. Sports persons go onto the track/field pumped up for
the contest and they can't just turn that off.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/41433110
That was nothing to do with coming off the field of play and being pumped up.

It was outside a night club at 2:30 in the morning. There's a suggestion that Hales and Stokes were protecting two other people, but what the video shows goes way beyond protection. Stokes launches punches at a man who is backing off with his hands up. Hales puts the boot into a man who is lying on the ground.
Sir Tim
2017-09-29 09:38:46 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Sir Tim
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by bra
A driver punched a hole in his hotel room wall.
AUTOSPORT editors thought that deserved top billing, or even mentioning?
Was it in a hotel or the team's hospitality suite?
I actually don't much mind them doing these sorts of things and I doubt
it's that uncommon. Sports persons go onto the track/field pumped up for
the contest and they can't just turn that off.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/41433110
That was nothing to do with coming off the field of play and being pumped up.
Agreed, although Stokes *had* been playing that day.
Post by m***@gmail.com
It was outside a night club at 2:30 in the morning. There's a suggestion that Hales and Stokes were protecting two other people, but what the video shows goes way beyond protection. Stokes launches punches at a man who is backing off with his hands up. Hales puts the boot into a man who is lying on the ground.
Yes, it certainly "wasn't cricket old boy". Hard to imagine Peter May or
Ted Dexter getting involved in such a fracas!
I've been trying to think of cases of personal violence in F1. Nelson
Piquet (Snr) famously punched another driver, Salazar was it, on TV.
Nigel Mansell tried to throttle Ayrton Senna in the paddock after a
coming together at Spa and Senna himself decked Eddie Irvine after a
perceived slight.

I don't think Michael Schumacher actually hit David Coulthard after the
notorious Spa '98 incident but probably would have done so had Coulthard
not kept his helmet on!

“Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional”
bra
2017-09-30 01:50:40 UTC
A proper gent: didn't wear his cleated cricket boots, and the old softie had not even brought his bat along (unlike a couple of car dealers I once knew)
Dan the Man
2017-09-29 15:26:16 UTC
A driver punched a hole in his hotel room wall.
AUTOSPORT editors thought that deserved top billing, or even mentioning?
All he would have to do is throw a TV throw his window, and he'd be a genuine rock star.