115 grid penalties!
Add Reply
Brian W Lawrence
2017-09-03 11:11:26 UTC
Must be a record?

Surely?

---
Brian W Lawrence
2017-09-03 11:23:46 UTC
Post by Brian W Lawrence
Must be a record?
Surely?
Of course I should have known better! I was reading that from the
Provisional Starting Grid issued last night. Since then Force India
have changed Checo's gearbox, and Haas have changed Grosjean's, so 2 x
5-place penalties for them. And McLaren have changed most of Stoffel's
PU (4 elements), which means a 25-place penalty.

I think that's 150 places altogether.

---
2017-09-03 12:00:20 UTC
Post by Brian W Lawrence
Post by Brian W Lawrence
Must be a record?
Surely?
Of course I should have known better! I was reading that from the
Provisional Starting Grid issued last night. Since then Force India
have changed Checo's gearbox, and Haas have changed Grosjean's, so 2
x 5-place penalties for them. And McLaren have changed most of
Stoffel's PU (4 elements), which means a 25-place penalty.
I think that's 150 places altogether.
I wonder what the grid would look like if the penalties were strictly
applied. i.e that 25 places meant you were dropped back the equivalent
distance of 25 grid places about 200m I think.

Alonso would be quite lonely back onthe parabolica?
Duddie
2017-09-03 14:02:06 UTC
Alonso would be quite lonely back onthe parabolica?
He still was :)
geoff
2017-09-03 21:25:49 UTC
Post by Brian W Lawrence
Post by Brian W Lawrence
Must be a record?
Surely?
Of course I should have known better! I was reading that from the
Provisional Starting Grid issued last night. Since then Force India
have changed Checo's gearbox, and Haas have changed Grosjean's, so 2
x 5-place penalties for them. And McLaren have changed most of
Stoffel's PU (4 elements), which means a 25-place penalty.
I think that's 150 places altogether.
I wonder what the grid would look like if the penalties were strictly
applied. i.e that 25 places meant you were dropped back the equivalent
distance of 25 grid places about 200m I think.
What about carrying the 'unused' points/places across to subsequent starts !

geoff
Brian W Lawrence
2017-09-04 05:41:02 UTC
Post by Brian W Lawrence
Post by Brian W Lawrence
Must be a record?
Surely?
Of course I should have known better! I was reading that from the
Provisional Starting Grid issued last night. Since then Force India
have changed Checo's gearbox, and Haas have changed Grosjean's, so 2
x 5-place penalties for them. And McLaren have changed most of
Stoffel's PU (4 elements), which means a 25-place penalty.
I think that's 150 places altogether.
I wonder what the grid would look like if the penalties were strictly
applied. i.e that 25 places meant you were dropped back the equivalent
distance of 25 grid places about 200m I think.
What about carrying the 'unused' points/places across to subsequent starts !
I think they tried that?

How about having them start from the pitlane XX seconds after the grid
has passed, where XX is related to the number of penalties 'unserved'.
So, for example, 10 grid slots becomes 30s delay.

---
2017-09-04 11:08:33 UTC
Post by Brian W Lawrence
Post by Brian W Lawrence
Must be a record?
Surely?
Of course I should have known better! I was reading that from the
Provisional Starting Grid issued last night. Since then Force India
have changed Checo's gearbox, and Haas have changed Grosjean's, so 2
x 5-place penalties for them. And McLaren have changed most of
Stoffel's PU (4 elements), which means a 25-place penalty.
I think that's 150 places altogether.
I wonder what the grid would look like if the penalties were strictly
applied. i.e that 25 places meant you were dropped back the equivalent
distance of 25 grid places about 200m I think.
Alonso would be quite lonely back onthe parabolica?
Sainz got a 10 place grid drop yet started one place higher than he
qualified!

It's getting crazy.