[OT] Exhausted Manor folds
2017-01-27 16:07:43 UTC
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127902

(We need "OT" to indicate "On Topic" now, right?)
Just because you don't see killer robots marching
down the street doesn't mean we shouldn't be concerned.
- Elon Musk
Bobster
2017-01-27 16:12:22 UTC
I really don't understand how this was allowed to happen. I can imagine that Fitzpatrick didn't like the offers he got, but as Saward pointed out, his choice was between a loss and big loss and he seems to have opted for the latter.
News
2017-01-27 16:20:11 UTC
Post by Mark Jackson
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127902
I really don't understand how this was allowed to happen. I can imagine that Fitzpatrick didn't like the offers he got, but as Saward pointed out, his choice was between a loss and big loss and he seems to have opted for the latter.
"Asian consortium" financing? Suspect at best. A string-along that
forces the operating company to continue to consume cash, then fails to
close.
Sir Tim
2017-01-27 17:58:42 UTC
Post by Mark Jackson
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127902
(We need "OT" to indicate "On Topic" now, right?)
:-)

Yes, it's very sad as there is/was still potential there. Looks like the
team could have been sold but Fitzpatrick wanted too much money and
wouldn't cut his losses. As it is a lot of good people are out of work.

“Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional”
brafield
2017-01-28 02:34:31 UTC

Exhaust Manifolds ?
~misfit~
2017-01-30 06:28:58 UTC
Post by brafield
Exhaust Manifolds ?
Heh! That came into my head when reading the subject too.

2017-01-28 09:58:38 UTC
Post by Mark Jackson
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127902
(We need "OT" to indicate "On Topic" now, right?)
It remains the case that the company that actually holds the 2017 entry is still a going concern.