No conspiracy theories about Ferrari tyres?
2017-07-17 07:40:28 UTC
Come on RASF1, I was expecting at least something this morning to chuckle
about.

Or some accusation about Hamilton?

Oddly quiet for the morning after a GP.

Could be v interesting if Ham and Vet take each other out at Hungary - Bottas
is well placed to take advantage of any incidents involving those two.
Sir Tim
2017-07-17 07:52:48 UTC
Come on RASF1, I was expecting at least something this morning to chuckle
about.
Or some accusation about Hamilton?
Oddly quiet for the morning after a GP.
Could be v interesting if Ham and Vet take each other out at Hungary - Bottas
is well placed to take advantage of any incidents involving those two.
Lewis's commanding win seems to have shut the haters up (temporarily).

The Hungaroring is much derided but often produces a good race. Hamilton
normally goes well there.
2017-07-17 08:28:34 UTC
Come on RASF1, I was expecting at least something this morning to chuckle
about.
Or some accusation about Hamilton?
Oddly quiet for the morning after a GP.
Could be v interesting if Ham and Vet take each other out at Hungary - Bottas
is well placed to take advantage of any incidents involving those two.
Lewis's commanding win seems to have shut the haters up (temporarily).
Hell no, he was in the best car and even Maldonado could have won.

2017-07-17 12:43:13 UTC
Come on RASF1, I was expecting at least something this morning to chuckle
about.
Or some accusation about Hamilton?
Oddly quiet for the morning after a GP.
Could be v interesting if Ham and Vet take each other out at Hungary - Bottas
is well placed to take advantage of any incidents involving those two.
Lewis's commanding win seems to have shut the haters up (temporarily).
Hell no, he was in the best car and even Maldonado could have won.
geoff
You forgot the smiley.
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.
Bigbird
2017-07-17 09:20:04 UTC
Come on RASF1, I was expecting at least something this morning to
chuckle about.
Indeed, it can't be a coincidence that Alonso called for chaos and that
is more or less what occurred at Ferrari. Perhaps McLaren still have an
inside man. It was never going to help Alonso but it came close to
bringing Vandoorne his first point.
Post by larkim
Or some accusation about Hamilton?
Clearly resting for a couple of days gave him an unfair advantage.
Post by larkim
Oddly quiet for the morning after a GP.
Could be v interesting if Ham and Vet take each other out at Hungary
- Bottas is well placed to take advantage of any incidents involving
those two.
A very interesting situation. With Bottas now within striking distance
not just of his teammate but the championship lead.
John
2017-07-17 18:28:25 UTC
Has Perelli or Ferrari said what actually happened?
a425couple
2017-07-17 22:15:31 UTC
Post by John
Has Perelli or Ferrari said what actually happened?
Good question!!
It seemed strange but no real clear answer.

"Pirelli says Vettel, Raikkonen problems totally different
By: Jonathan Noble, Formula 1 Editor
Yesterday at 2:57pm
Pirelli says initial analysis of Ferrari's tyres after the British Grand
Prix showed that Kimi Raikkonen and Sebastian Vettel's failures were
caused by totally different issues.

Ferrari suffered a double blow in the closing stages of the Silverstone
race when both Raikkonen and Vettel were forced to pit with tyre problems.

Raikkonen's tyre tread appeared to come apart on lap 49, while Vettel
suffered a total failure one lap later. The incidents meant Raikkonen
dropped to third, while Vettel slipped to seventh.

Pirelli has begun an immediate investigation into what happened, but
said its first examination of the rubber suggests that the two incidents
were not caused by the same problem.

"We are obviously investigating the tyres as usual but more deeply
considering what happened," said Pirelli boss Mario Isola. "We believe
but it has to be proven that the model failure of the two tyres is
different. So we need to investigate.

"What we can exclude that we had any carcass failure on Kimi’s tyres
because the tyre was still inflated. There is a part of the tyre that is
damaged and we will investigate deeply on all the tyre and not only this
tyre.

"Sebastian had a different issue with a loss of air, so we have to
understand. We will provide a report.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/pirelli-vettel-raikkonen-tyre-problem-silverstone-931677/
(has photo of blow out)

other reports:

http://www.ktvn.com/story/35895299/hamilton-seizes-on-vettel-puncture-to-cut-f1-lead-to-1-point
'Vettel was never in realistic contention for victory on Sunday, but he
was still third entering the penultimate lap - a finish that would have
ensured 10 points still separated him from Hamilton. But Silverstone
witnessed a remarkable collapse, a final twist on an afternoon of
thrilling racing.
A front-left blowout on Vettel's Ferrari sent rubber remnants of the
tire flying across the track as the four-time world champion crawled
back into the pits for repairs just in time. It ensured Vettel was still
able to finish seventh and collect the points that kept him top heading
into the Hungarian Grand Prix on July 30.
"It could have been a bit better for sure, but a disaster? I don't think
so," Vettel said. "I don't think there is anyone particularly to blame."
Troublingly for Ferrari, Vettel's tire trouble struck a lap after
teammate Kimi Raikkonen's car also experienced a puncture as he was set
for second. It allowed Valtteri Bottas to complete a Mercedes one-two
with Hamilton as Raikkonen completed the podium.'

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-autosport/829211/British-Grand-Prix-LIVE-Lewis-Hamilton-win-Sebastian-Vettel-Raikkonen-Bottas-Silverstone
(read from bottom up)
"But the drama is all with the Ferraris. BOTH Sebastian Vettel and Kimi
Raikkonen suffer punctures within two laps of the chequered flag!
Valtteri Bottas STORMS into second with a lap remaining as Raikkonen
limps into the pits.
And VETTEL then suffered a puncture, with the air bursting out of his
super softs.
What horrible bad luck for Raikkonen and Vettel.
LAP 47: Vettel is losing speed here. He needs that chequered flag to
come quick as Verstappen gains ground on the limping Ferrari.
There are four laps left and Raikkonen will believe he can keep Bottas
at bay.
LAP 44: BOTTAS TAKES VETTEL! Two laps later and the Mercedes car
saunters past his rival on the straight. That was a lot easier than his
previous attempt.
Bottas now looks looks towards Raikkonen in second. He has seven laps to
do the business.
LAP 42: Bottas goes for Vettel with an aggressive sweep around a corner
but the Ferrari defends his place.
Bottas edges off the track and touches tyres when he returns.
Bottas has the tyres to challenge Vettel for the rest of this race. Can
the German fend him off?"
Bobster
2017-07-18 05:34:48 UTC
Post by a425couple
Post by John
Has Perelli or Ferrari said what actually happened?
Good question!!
It seemed strange but no real clear answer.
Yet.

Because Pirelli need to examine the tyres before they can give good information. All we know, and all they know, this early is that the failures were different.

They'll do a post mortem, then they'll have a chat with Ferrari. Then they'll put something in the public domain. This may be incomplete if they have found something specific to the Ferrari or relied on information that Ferrari wish to not be more widely circulated.