Discussion:
**2018 Pool** Drivers and Constructors Championship predictions
(too old to reply)
Mark
2018-03-03 17:51:38 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
As in past years, here's the chance to predict who the WDC and WCC
winners will be before wheels turn in anger.

The deadline for this will (as always) be at the start of FP1, 23rd
March (or 22nd for those significantly west of Europe & Africa).

Track (Melbourne) 23/03/2018 12:00 AEDT
Austin 22/03/2018 20:00 CDT
West Coast USA 22/03/2018 18:00 PDT
East Coast USA 22/03/2018 21:00 EDT
Ireland/Portugal/UK 23/03/2018 01:00 GMT
Central Europe 23/03/2018 02:00 CET
Most of Arabia 23/03/2018 04:00 AST
Most of Arabia 23/03/2018 04:00 AST
Russia/Oman/UAE 23/03/2018 05:00 GST
Russia/Oman/UAE 23/03/2018 05:00 GST
China 23/03/2018 09:00 CST
Japan/Korea 23/03/2018 10:00 JST
Perth 23/03/2018 09:00 AWST
Adelaide/Darwin 23/03/2018 11:30 ACDT
Melbourne/Canberra/Sydney 23/03/2018 12:00 AEDT
New Zealand 23/03/2018 14:00 NZDT
Russia 23/03/2018 04:00 MSK
Ukraine 23/03/2018 04:00 MSK

Drivers Championship Winner: ?
Constructors Championship Winner: ?
Mark
2018-03-03 17:52:46 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Much as I'm hoping that the changes will mix things up...

Drivers Championship Winner: HAM
Constructors Championship Winner: Mercedes

...I still think both Hamilton and Mercedes are in with the best shot
right now.
Stephen Thomas Cole
2018-03-04 14:51:27 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Drivers Championship Winner: HAM

Constructors Championship Winner: Mercedes

I do want Lewis to win the championship again, and with his talent and that
car there's no excuse for him not to. Am hopeful of a competitive season,
though, really hope Ferrari and Red Bull take the fight to Merc! Also
hoping Williams and McLaren have a good season, too.

--
STC / M0TEY /
http://twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Hornplayer9599
2018-03-05 03:34:14 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Mark wrote:


>
> Drivers Championship Winner: ?
> Constructors Championship Winner: ?

WDC: HAM
WCC: Merc

--
I don’t judge people based on color, race, religion, sexuality, gender,
ability, or size.
I base it on whether or not they’re an asshole.
Alister
2018-03-05 09:21:49 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Sat, 03 Mar 2018 17:51:38 +0000, Mark wrote:

> As in past years, here's the chance to predict who the WDC and WCC
> winners will be before wheels turn in anger.
>
> The deadline for this will (as always) be at the start of FP1, 23rd
> March (or 22nd for those significantly west of Europe & Africa).
>
> Track (Melbourne) 23/03/2018 12:00 AEDT Austin
> 22/03/2018 20:00 CDT West Coast USA
> 22/03/2018 18:00 PDT East Coast USA 22/03/2018 21:00
> EDT Ireland/Portugal/UK 23/03/2018 01:00 GMT Central Europe
> 23/03/2018 02:00 CET Most of Arabia
> 23/03/2018 04:00 AST Most of Arabia 23/03/2018 04:00
> AST Russia/Oman/UAE 23/03/2018 05:00 GST
> Russia/Oman/UAE 23/03/2018 05:00 GST China
> 23/03/2018 09:00 CST Japan/Korea
> 23/03/2018 10:00 JST Perth 23/03/2018 09:00
> AWST Adelaide/Darwin 23/03/2018 11:30 ACDT
> Melbourne/Canberra/Sydney 23/03/2018 12:00 AEDT New Zealand
> 23/03/2018 14:00 NZDT Russia
> 23/03/2018 04:00 MSK Ukraine 23/03/2018 04:00
> MSK
>
> Drivers Championship Winner: ?
> Constructors Championship Winner: ?

i should realy wait for testing to finish but
Ham, Merc

I think this is going to be a dull pool
D Munz
2018-03-05 10:54:52 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
I'm not sure this year. (Well, I'm sure it won't be RAI...)

I think we will see more, different podiums than last year. I believe that Ferrari sussed things out so I'm tipping to chaos and lists of red.


Drivers Championship Winner: VET
Constructors Championship Winner: Ferrari

FWIW
DLM
larkim
2018-03-05 17:04:05 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Saturday, 3 March 2018 17:51:40 UTC, Mark Conmy wrote:
> As in past years, here's the chance to predict who the WDC and WCC
> winners will be before wheels turn in anger.
>
> The deadline for this will (as always) be at the start of FP1, 23rd
> March (or 22nd for those significantly west of Europe & Africa).
>
> Track (Melbourne) 23/03/2018 12:00 AEDT
> Austin 22/03/2018 20:00 CDT
> West Coast USA 22/03/2018 18:00 PDT
> East Coast USA 22/03/2018 21:00 EDT
> Ireland/Portugal/UK 23/03/2018 01:00 GMT
> Central Europe 23/03/2018 02:00 CET
> Most of Arabia 23/03/2018 04:00 AST
> Most of Arabia 23/03/2018 04:00 AST
> Russia/Oman/UAE 23/03/2018 05:00 GST
> Russia/Oman/UAE 23/03/2018 05:00 GST
> China 23/03/2018 09:00 CST
> Japan/Korea 23/03/2018 10:00 JST
> Perth 23/03/2018 09:00 AWST
> Adelaide/Darwin 23/03/2018 11:30 ACDT
> Melbourne/Canberra/Sydney 23/03/2018 12:00 AEDT
> New Zealand 23/03/2018 14:00 NZDT
> Russia 23/03/2018 04:00 MSK
> Ukraine 23/03/2018 04:00 MSK
>
> Drivers Championship Winner: ?
> Constructors Championship Winner: ?

Just for a laugh, how about:-
Driver - Alonso
Team - McLaren

I'm banking on them to "do a Brawn".

I'll look smug and insightful at the end of the season if I'm right.

I'll just pass it off as a jokey suggestion when I'm wrong.
~misfit~
2018-03-06 06:49:52 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Once upon a time on usenet larkim wrote:
> On Saturday, 3 March 2018 17:51:40 UTC, Mark Conmy wrote:
>> As in past years, here's the chance to predict who the WDC and WCC
>> winners will be before wheels turn in anger.
>>
>> The deadline for this will (as always) be at the start of FP1, 23rd
>> March (or 22nd for those significantly west of Europe & Africa).
>>
>> Track (Melbourne) 23/03/2018 12:00 AEDT
>> Austin 22/03/2018 20:00 CDT
>> West Coast USA 22/03/2018 18:00 PDT
>> East Coast USA 22/03/2018 21:00 EDT
>> Ireland/Portugal/UK 23/03/2018 01:00 GMT
>> Central Europe 23/03/2018 02:00 CET
>> Most of Arabia 23/03/2018 04:00 AST
>> Most of Arabia 23/03/2018 04:00 AST
>> Russia/Oman/UAE 23/03/2018 05:00 GST
>> Russia/Oman/UAE 23/03/2018 05:00 GST
>> China 23/03/2018 09:00 CST
>> Japan/Korea 23/03/2018 10:00 JST
>> Perth 23/03/2018 09:00 AWST
>> Adelaide/Darwin 23/03/2018 11:30 ACDT
>> Melbourne/Canberra/Sydney 23/03/2018 12:00 AEDT
>> New Zealand 23/03/2018 14:00 NZDT
>> Russia 23/03/2018 04:00 MSK
>> Ukraine 23/03/2018 04:00 MSK
>>
>> Drivers Championship Winner: ?
>> Constructors Championship Winner: ?
>
> Just for a laugh, how about:-
> Driver - Alonso
> Team - McLaren
>
> I'm banking on them to "do a Brawn".
>
> I'll look smug and insightful at the end of the season if I'm right.
>
> I'll just pass it off as a jokey suggestion when I'm wrong.

Heh!

They won't "do a Brawn" as the FIA learned from that and have done the best
they can to ensure it doesn't happen again (Ferrari told them they must!).

I was thinking making being a bit of a rebel and making that very same pick
but you can't be a rebel if you're copying someone else. ;-) Good luck.

I'll decide what to pick after testing's finished.
--
Shaun.

"Humans will have advanced a long, long way when religious belief has a cozy
little classification in the DSM*."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
(*Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders)
t***@gmail.com
2018-03-11 02:55:51 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 11:49:57 PM UTC-7, ~misfit~ wrote:

> I'll decide what to pick after testing's finished.

Fuck you. And your schedule.
M2T
2018-03-11 23:11:11 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 11/03/2018 02:55, ***@gmail.com wrote:

>
> I want to fuck you.
>


I've fixed your post
t***@gmail.com
2018-03-11 03:29:57 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 11:49:57 PM UTC-7, ~misfit~ wrote:

> Heh!

Hey. Fuck off
t***@gmail.com
2018-03-11 03:32:47 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 11:49:57 PM UTC-7, ~misfit~ wrote:

> I was thinking making being a bit of a rebel

Could be a part of your 'bad luck'.
John
2018-03-05 19:55:59 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Until proven otherwise it's Hamilton in the Merc. I really hope I'm wrong.
Martin Harran
2018-03-06 11:36:25 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
WDC: HAM
WCC: Merc
Ar
2018-03-10 07:50:39 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 03/03/18 17:51, Mark wrote:
> As in past years, here's the chance to predict who the WDC and WCC
> winners will be before wheels turn in anger.

Hopefully Seb won't bin it like he did in the 2017 season.......

Driver's Champion: Sebastian Vettel
Constructor Champion: Ferrari
Duddie
2018-03-10 08:00:32 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
WDC: HAM
WCC: MERC
Mark Jackson
2018-03-10 14:58:24 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Drivers Championship: Vettel
Constructors Championship: Mercedes

--
Mark Jackson - http://www.alumni.caltech.edu/~mjackson
How many foxes does it take before a henhouse
becomes a foxhouse? - Charles P. Pierce
Naked Fame
2018-03-19 10:29:11 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Mark Jackson <***@alumni.caltech.edu> writes:
> Drivers Championship: Vettel
> Constructors Championship: Mercedes

I'll copy that.

--
Signature
fnot
2018-03-19 19:28:14 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Drivers Championship: Vettel
Constructors Championship: Mercedes
Sir Tim
2018-03-10 23:24:28 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
WDC: Verstappen
WCC: RBR

--
Sir Tim
John
2018-03-11 20:28:42 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Saturday, March 10, 2018 at 3:24:31 PM UTC-8, Sir Tim wrote:
> WDC: Verstappen
> WCC: RBR
>
> --
> Sir Tim


That would mean we're in for a competitive season at the front, hope you are correct.
Sir Tim
2018-03-11 21:02:09 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
John <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, March 10, 2018 at 3:24:31 PM UTC-8, Sir Tim wrote:
>> WDC: Verstappen
>> WCC: RBR
>>
>> --
>> Sir Tim
>
>
> That would mean we're in for a competitive season at the front, hope you are correct.
>

Probably wishful thinking but Newey seems more engaged this year and both
Ricciardo and Verstappen are hungry and supremely talented. Anyway, when
Ham and Merc are such overwhelming favourites there is little point in
going down that road.

--
Sir Tim
m***@gmail.com
2018-03-11 04:54:33 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
WDC: Hamilton
WCC: Merc

I really tried to see an alternate future, but I can't. Unless the wheels fall off at Merc, they will retain their hold on the championships. Last year, Hamilton made the difference. I don't think Bottas would have won the WDC in that car. Hamilton will make the difference again this year, and with both Merc and Ferrari not having particularly strong 2nd drivers, that should see Merc bring home both bacons.
Sreekumar A
2018-03-13 09:29:16 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
> Drivers Championship Winner: ? Hamilton
> Constructors Championship Winner: ? Mercedes

Sreekumar
FB
2018-03-14 11:56:32 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Vettel, Ferrari

FB
~misfit~
2018-03-15 01:15:35 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Once upon a time on usenet Mark wrote:
> As in past years, here's the chance to predict who the WDC and WCC
> winners will be before wheels turn in anger.

Drivers Championship Winner: Hamilton.
Constructors Championship Winner: Mercedes.

I was this close >< to putting Ricciardo.

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

"Humans will have advanced a long, long way when religious belief has a cozy
little classification in the DSM*."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
(*Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders)
Jimbo
2018-03-15 19:49:06 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Drivers Championship Winner: HAM
Constructors Championship Winner: Mercedes
Phil Carmody
2018-03-21 21:42:06 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Mark <***@gmail.com> writes:
> Drivers Championship Winner: ?

HAM

> Constructors Championship Winner: ?

MERC

Let's hope it's not as boring as it sounds.

Thanks for taking the reins again, Mark!

Phil
--
In order for there to be rights, there must be wrongs - if you want to
get rid of wrongs, which great leaders do, you *must* get rid of rights.
News
2018-03-22 19:06:17 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 3/3/2018 12:51 PM, Mark wrote:
> As in past years, here's the chance to predict who the WDC and WCC
> winners will be before wheels turn in anger.
>
> The deadline for this will (as always) be at the start of FP1, 23rd
> March (or 22nd for those significantly west of Europe & Africa).


Another out-of-the-money lotto bet...

WDC: VET

WCC: Ferrari
q***@gmail.com
2018-03-22 22:55:38 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Hamilton/Mercedes

Qbab (Jakub Barbasz)
Dave Baker
2018-03-23 04:12:33 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Driver: Ham
Constructor: Mercedes

--
Dave Baker
Loading...