Eric Boullier resigns
2018-07-04 14:13:22 UTC
The Information Minister has left the building. Now, didn't I tell
Eddie to get his job application into McLaren.

Never mind, Zak Brown is getting Fred to replace him.

=====

While Brown has no expectation of a quick fix to McLaren's troubles, he
has faith that the departure of the man who brought Fernando Alonso to
the team will not jeopardise McLaren's chances of keeping the 2005/06
world champion.
"Fernando is someone that has a history here at McLaren, he's a huge
asset," added Brown.
"All of you would recognise that he is the best driver on the grid. I
think everyone would certainly say one of the best drivers.
"He has a tremendous amount of experience. I've developed a very good
personal working relationship with him.
"You all see his magic on the racetrack but you may not see his magic
off the racetrack, the valued contributions he makes and insights he has
into the performance of the car and the team.
"He's someone I have consulted since I started because he knows what a
world championship effort looks like and I value his opinion.
"He is part of this process, he is a contributor to bringing McLaren
forward."

===

BTW - the McLaren Indy Team has bitten the dust.
D Munz
2018-07-04 17:35:07 UTC
On Wednesday, July 4, 2018 at 9:13:24 AM UTC-5, M2T wrote:
> The Information Minister has left the building. Now, didn't I tell
> Eddie to get his job application into McLaren.
>

> BTW - the McLaren Indy Team has bitten the dust.

Eddie Jordan to run McLaren? I like THAT rumor. Pass it on!

The Indy Team is no more? Where did you see that?

TIA
2018-07-04 22:52:35 UTC
On 04/07/2018 18:35, D Munz wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 4, 2018 at 9:13:24 AM UTC-5, M2T wrote:
>> The Information Minister has left the building. Now, didn't I tell
>> Eddie to get his job application into McLaren.
>>

>> BTW - the McLaren Indy Team has bitten the dust.
>
> Eddie Jordan to run McLaren? I like THAT rumor. Pass it on!
>
> The Indy Team is no more? Where did you see that?

Gil de Ferran was supposed to be their Indy Car man.