What does Forza mean?
2017-07-21 14:06:08 UTC
Who gives a rats ass
I do :) Thanks to all those who were kind enough to share their knowledge of Italian language and culture. I hope that everyone reading this is having an excellent day :)

I certainly look forward to emulating the kindness and compassion of those in this thread who were kind enough to help.
Bruce Hoult
2017-07-21 14:53:51 UTC
Welcome. It was only 19 years ago...
Heron McKeister
2017-07-21 15:30:11 UTC
In article <c5c42c1c-ea81-4f07-873a-
On Friday, July 21, 2017 at 5:06:10 PM UTC+3,
On Wednesday, June 10, 1998 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-6, Benfica
Who gives a rats ass
I do :) Thanks to all those who were kind enough to share
their knowledge of
Italian language and culture. I hope that everyone reading
this is having an
excellent day :)
I certainly look forward to emulating the kindness and
compassion of those in
this thread who were kind enough to help.
Welcome. It was only 19 years ago...
the op could have easily found the answer to that
question at babelfish.altavista.com even 20 years
ago, although thats now a defunct domain.
Lurking on Usenet since '88.
Bigbird
2017-07-21 19:57:58 UTC
question at babelfish.altavista.com
Please do not provide non-functional URLS. That level of incompetence
is sufficient to incur the wrath of fuckwits around these parts.
Sir Tim
2017-07-22 11:53:47 UTC
question at babelfish.altavista.com
Please do not provide non-functional URLS. That level of incompetence
is sufficient to incur the wrath of fuckwits around these parts.
:-)
Heron McKeister
2017-07-22 14:32:41 UTC
question at babelfish.altavista.com
Please do not provide non-functional URLS. That
level of incompetence
is sufficient to incur the wrath of fuckwits around
these parts.
Post by Sir Tim
:-)
if you had any character and werent so rock hard stupid
instead of smiling in the face of a lie you would have
remarked that while the domain no longer exists its not
a non functioning or even dead link because it auto
redirects to a working site. it would have taken to
more work to confirm that than trying it.
Lurking on Usenet since '88.
~misfit~
2017-07-23 06:12:47 UTC
question at babelfish.altavista.com
Please do not provide non-functional URLS. That level of
incompetence is sufficient to incur the wrath of fuckwits around
these parts.
:-)
if you had any character and werent so rock hard stupid
instead of smiling in the face of a lie you would have
remarked that while the domain no longer exists its not
a non functioning or even dead link because it auto
redirects to a working site. it would have taken to
more work to confirm that than trying it.
Well I've given 'you' a good run and you've not told me anything I didn't
already know or even contributed anything positive to a thread so this is
where we part ways.

Good luck in all of your endeavours.

<plonk>

Heron McKeister
2017-07-23 10:32:08 UTC
In article <ol1ehh$qg7$***@dont-email.me>, ***@gmail.com
says...
question at babelfish.altavista.com
Please do not provide non-functional URLS. That level of
incompetence is sufficient to incur the wrath of fuckwits around
these parts.
:-)
if you had any character and werent so rock hard stupid
instead of smiling in the face of a lie you would have
remarked that while the domain no longer exists its not
a non functioning or even dead link because it auto
redirects to a working site. it would have taken to
more work to confirm that than trying it.
Well I've given 'you' a good run and you've not told me anything I didn't
already know or even contributed anything positive to a thread so this is
where we part ways.
truth hurts and another one who can't take it.
im certain that i didnt ask for accompaniment
particularly from a posing drug stupored invalid.
Post by ~misfit~
Good luck in all of your endeavours.
never needed it although its your only hope.
Post by ~misfit~
<plonk>
no one cares whos in your killfile least of
all me narcissist.
Lurking on Usenet since '88.
C***@Invisible.man
2017-07-23 13:43:27 UTC
On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 05:32:08 -0500, Heron McKeister
Post by Heron McKeister
says...
question at babelfish.altavista.com
Post by ~misfit~
<plonk>
no one cares whos in your killfile least of
all me narcissist.
Just another center-of-attention poseur, misfit, like bigbird, news,
edmund and bobster, is always at least as full of shit. And they all
are of the opinion that they own the place: ignore them.
It's difficult to make predictions, especially about the future.
Martin Harran
2017-07-23 16:55:48 UTC
Post by C***@Invisible.man
On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 05:32:08 -0500, Heron McKeister
Post by Heron McKeister
says...
question at babelfish.altavista.com
Post by ~misfit~
<plonk>
no one cares whos in your killfile least of
all me narcissist.
Just another center-of-attention poseur, misfit, like bigbird, news,
edmund and bobster, is always at least as full of shit. And they all
are of the opinion that they own the place: ignore them.
Do you really get a kick out of all these alter egos talking to each
other?

There is something very sad about that but I think the saddest thing
is that you won't very recognise that :(
C***@Invisible.man
2017-07-23 18:33:18 UTC
On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 17:55:48 +0100, Martin Harran
Post by Martin Harran
Post by C***@Invisible.man
On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 05:32:08 -0500, Heron McKeister
Post by Heron McKeister
says...
question at babelfish.altavista.com
Post by ~misfit~
<plonk>
no one cares whos in your killfile least of
all me narcissist.
Just another center-of-attention poseur, misfit, like bigbird, news,
edmund and bobster, is always at least as full of shit. And they all
are of the opinion that they own the place: ignore them.
Do you really get a kick out of all these alter egos
He sets 'um up ...
Post by Martin Harran
talking to each
other?
...and knocks 'em down.
Post by Martin Harran
There is something very sad about that but I think the saddest thing
is that you won't very recognise that :(
Yes, I'm sure that it's all very, very sad Donald, or might it be
Misfit responding (why, out of the blue, would "Harran" reply).

But I can't imagine why you would think that I'd care about
your opinion. I think it may have been Camille Paglia (no
fan) who coined the phrase about not being able to think
oneself out of a wet paperbag, that so well aplies to you.
It's difficult to make predictions, especially about the future.
~misfit~
2017-07-24 02:52:30 UTC
Post by C***@Invisible.man
On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 05:32:08 -0500, Heron McKeister
Post by Heron McKeister
says...
question at babelfish.altavista.com
Post by ~misfit~
<plonk>
no one cares whos in your killfile least of
all me narcissist.
Just another center-of-attention poseur, misfit, like bigbird, news,
edmund and bobster, is always at least as full of shit. And they all
are of the opinion that they own the place: ignore them.
I'll keep this brief then.

Bye.

2017-07-24 03:34:19 UTC
I'll keep this brief then.
Bye.
You fucking sad loser.
t***@gmail.com
2017-07-24 03:40:18 UTC
I'll keep this brief then.
Actually too long already.
t***@gmail.com
2017-07-24 03:44:50 UTC
I'll keep this brief then.
Your shit stained briefs are wrapped
around your gay lovers face right now.
t***@gmail.com
2017-07-24 03:51:35 UTC
I'll keep this brief then.
Medical staff taking fuckhead to pharmacy for
med replenishment. If he doesn't shit his diaper
on trip. They stop for ice cream on way home.
Fuckhead enjoys that.
t***@gmail.com
2017-07-23 01:40:50 UTC
:-)
That's it from the bed shitter?
pltrgyst
2017-07-22 01:14:36 UTC
Post by Bruce Hoult
Welcome. It was only 19 years ago...
Rookie! 8;)

-- Larry
Bruce Hoult
2017-07-24 07:43:55 UTC
Post by pltrgyst
Post by Bruce Hoult
Welcome. It was only 19 years ago...
Rookie! 8;)
You can find usenet posts from me that are well over 25 years old...

This one which is famous enough to have been been plagiarized, repeated and archived in numerous places on the net isn't quite 25 years old yet, but it passed it's 24th birthday a few months ago: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.sys.mac.programmer/UkCjFPL4zEM/-lM87bJxPUcJ
~misfit~
2017-07-24 13:03:40 UTC
Post by Bruce Hoult
Post by pltrgyst
Post by Bruce Hoult
Welcome. It was only 19 years ago...
Rookie! 8;)
You can find usenet posts from me that are well over 25 years old...
This one which is famous enough to have been been plagiarized,
repeated and archived in numerous places on the net isn't quite 25
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.sys.mac.programmer/UkCjFPL4zEM/-lM87bJxPUcJ
Just over 20 years for me. I got my first modem in 1996 and found usenet
about a week later. Before that my computer was just for doing accounts and
wordprocessing.

2017-07-24 13:26:47 UTC
Post by Bruce Hoult
Post by pltrgyst
Post by Bruce Hoult
Welcome. It was only 19 years ago...
Rookie! 8;)
You can find usenet posts from me that are well over 25 years old...
This one which is famous enough to have been been plagiarized,
repeated and archived in numerous places on the net isn't quite 25
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.sys.mac.programmer/UkCjFPL4zEM/-lM87bJxPUcJ
Just over 20 years for me. I got my first modem in 1996 and found usenet
about a week later. Before that my computer was just for doing accounts and
wordprocessing.
The oldest direct Usenet post I have in my archives is from April 1 1992
("First carbon fiber in F1," to rec.autos.sport), but I was
participating in a number of email discussion lists through our ARPAnet
gateway nearly a decade earlier. Human-***@Rutgers was one such that
was mirrored on Usenet (as fa.human-nets); the fourth message here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/fa.human-nets/pVGsZ3vcVuo/LQbuN_mgQDIJ

and the earlier message quoted immediately before (by known Usenet crazy
REM) are 34 years old.
I believe I am right. And, if not right, plausible.
- Ignatius Donnelly
pltrgyst
2017-07-25 01:52:43 UTC
Post by Mark Jackson
The oldest direct Usenet post I have in my archives is from April 1 1992
("First carbon fiber in F1," to rec.autos.sport)....
Oddly enough, my first direct USEnet post I can find on
groups.google.com is from 2/3/92 to alt.beer. Shows you what my
priorities were back then! 8;)

About the same as they are now, to be honest...

-- Larry
~misfit~
2017-07-25 03:05:54 UTC
Post by pltrgyst
Post by Mark Jackson
The oldest direct Usenet post I have in my archives is from April 1
1992 ("First carbon fiber in F1," to rec.autos.sport)....
Oddly enough, my first direct USEnet post I can find on
groups.google.com is from 2/3/92 to alt.beer. Shows you what my
priorities were back then! 8;)
About the same as they are now, to be honest...
LOL! I *do* admire honesty. ;-)

pltrgyst
2017-07-25 01:52:33 UTC
Post by Bruce Hoult
Post by pltrgyst
Post by Bruce Hoult
Welcome. It was only 19 years ago...
Rookie! 8;)
You can find usenet posts from me that are well over 25 years old...
This one which is famous enough to have been been plagiarized, repeated and archived in numerous places on the net isn't quite 25 years old yet, but it passed it's 24th birthday a few months ago: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.sys.mac.programmer/UkCjFPL4zEM/-lM87bJxPUcJ
Like I said, "Rookie!"

Mine are from the first week of this ng (discussing attending all the F1
races except South Africa in person in the late mid-1960s). And many ngs
well before that, pre rec.*, when alt.* was the only place for
non-technical discussion. Back to when everyone on the Internet was
contained in a 1/4" thick printed directory. (I still have a copy.)

And even earlier, ARPAnet, before USEnet even existed. 8;)

I'm enjoying the extreme old-timer status while I'm still alive -- and
wishing many more years to you, too!

-- Larry
(BBN, MITRE, etc.)
pltrgyst
2017-07-25 02:16:20 UTC
Bruce, you may have forgotten, but we had a similar discussion a few
years ago -- and later about rec.autos before the f1-specific group
existed. 8;) :

http://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.sys.mac.programmer/0oz-1a09H24/59CPTk5LA3YJ
That's probably quite near the first.
Hmmm -- that one links to a post from 2/11/92.

I was posting on arpanet from January 1983, as ***@mwunix.mitre.org.
Back then we were developing broadband/baseband routers for BBN.

I still have a printed directory of everyone on the Internet when that
name first came into being -- it's about a half-inch thick. 8;)

A quick google search shows early saved posts to alt.fan.dave_barry from
7/18/91, to rec.sport.volleyball from 1/9/92, to rec.autos.sport from at
least 1/13/92, to comp.periphs.scsi from 5/17/92, and to alt.beer from
2/13/92.

rasf1 from its beginnings, as M14430, entrpoop (from Digex, 1995-2003,
including rasf1.moderated), and pltrgyst (2003 on). Nom de plumes dexter
medley, Lawrence Larson, Larry Larson.

Discussions were lively and interesting back then!

-- Larry
Bruce Hoult
2017-07-25 23:23:32 UTC
Post by pltrgyst
Post by Bruce Hoult
Post by pltrgyst
Post by Bruce Hoult
[...]
Yes, well I came to usenet late .. I was happy with BIX for a long time (starting in mid 1986, 31 years ago).

Unfortunately, at that time internet didn't exist in New Zealand, and it was necessary to make direct international phone calls to modems in the US, or in some cases it was possible to use X25 at the princely price (never decreased, as far as I know) of about US$200 per megabye (if all your packets were 100% full ... more expensive if used interactively and your line lengths were not a multiple of 64 bytes)

Hopefully I'll manage a few more years, as I'm only 54 now.