penalty for Hamilton
2018-04-06 20:48:39 UTC
5 grid places from where he actually qualifies, due to a gearbox swap.

http://kwese.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/23053021/lewis-hamilton-hit-five-place-grid-penalty-bahrain

I know it's the rules, but the rules is an ass. It's way too early in the season for this. They should have so many gearboxes per season rather than 6 straight races.

This is looking very good for Ferrari.
geoff
2018-04-07 00:12:11 UTC
5 grid places from where he actually qualifies, due to a gearbox swap.
http://kwese.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/23053021/lewis-hamilton-hit-five-place-grid-penalty-bahrain
I know it's the rules, but the rules is an ass. It's way too early in the season for this. They should have so many gearboxes per season rather than 6 straight races.
This is looking very good for Ferrari.
What happens if you break over 3 gearboxes in the season ?

To what degree can a broken gearbox be fixed without sanction ?

And if repaired but above that threshold, and does that then count as a
'new' gearbox ?

Cos it sounds to me like have 3 gearboxes fail, and your season is over ?!!

2018-04-07 00:13:34 UTC
5 grid places from where he actually qualifies, due to a gearbox swap.
http://kwese.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/23053021/lewis-hamilton-hit-five-place-grid-penalty-bahrain
I know it's the rules, but the rules is an ass. It's way too early in
the season for this. They should have so many gearboxes per season
rather than 6 straight races.
This is looking very good for Ferrari.
What happens if you break over 3 gearboxes in the season ?
To what degree can a broken gearbox be fixed without sanction ?
And if repaired but above that threshold, and does that then count as a
'new' gearbox ?
Cos it sounds to me like have 3 gearboxes fail, and your season is over ?!!
geoff
Or do you just accrue more penalties ?

2018-04-07 02:13:23 UTC
5 grid places from where he actually qualifies, due to a gearbox swap.
http://kwese.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/23053021/lewis-hamilton-hit-five-place-grid-penalty-bahrain
I know it's the rules, but the rules is an ass. It's way too early
in the season for this. They should have so many gearboxes per
season rather than 6 straight races.
This is looking very good for Ferrari.
What happens if you break over 3 gearboxes in the season ?
To what degree can a broken gearbox be fixed without sanction ?
And if repaired but above that threshold, and does that then count
as a 'new' gearbox ?
Cos it sounds to me like have 3 gearboxes fail, and your season is
over ?!! geoff
Or do you just accrue more penalties ?
geoff
Yep. Back of the grid instead of 5 places.

2018-04-07 18:02:11 UTC
5 grid places from where he actually qualifies, due to a gearbox swap.
http://kwese.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/23053021/lewis-hamilton-hit-five-place-grid-penalty-bahrain
I know it's the rules, but the rules is an ass. It's way too early
in the season for this. They should have so many gearboxes per
season rather than 6 straight races.
This is looking very good for Ferrari.
What happens if you break over 3 gearboxes in the season ?
To what degree can a broken gearbox be fixed without sanction ?
And if repaired but above that threshold, and does that then count
as a 'new' gearbox ?
Cos it sounds to me like have 3 gearboxes fail, and your season is
over ?!! geoff
Or do you just accrue more penalties ?
geoff
Yep. Back of the grid instead of 5 places.
You have bobster killfiled.
Yet here you are.
You wishy washy fucker.