OT: Alonso: groundhog day
Bigbird
2017-05-21 20:06:30 UTC
Engine change before qualifying 2.
Edmund
2017-05-21 20:46:03 UTC
Post by Bigbird
Engine change before qualifying 2.
Honda never misses an opportunity to fuck up.

Edmund
.
2017-05-21 20:55:06 UTC
Had I the only car on the grid with a fresh engine, I wouldn't complain.
geoff
2017-05-21 21:47:47 UTC
Post by Edmund
Post by Bigbird
Engine change before qualifying 2.
Honda never misses an opportunity to fuck up.
Edmund
Really. Seemed to work better than the rest from what I saw.

geoff
D Munz
2017-05-22 00:23:55 UTC
Post by Edmund
Post by Bigbird
Engine change before qualifying 2.
Honda never misses an opportunity to fuck up.
Edmund
A whole engine change and no 57 grid place penalties in site. Odd that, eh?

FWIW
DLM
Bobster
2017-05-22 02:40:52 UTC
Post by Edmund
Post by Bigbird
Engine change before qualifying 2.
Honda never misses an opportunity to fuck up.
With 9 of the first 12 starting places, they seem to have missed plenty.

Alonso got through the pole shoot out, and now his car has to go 500 miles plus a few warm up laps. How are your confidence levels?
larkim
2017-05-22 09:41:45 UTC
Post by Bobster
Post by Edmund
Post by Bigbird
Engine change before qualifying 2.
Honda never misses an opportunity to fuck up.
With 9 of the first 12 starting places, they seem to have missed plenty.
Alonso got through the pole shoot out, and now his car has to go 500 miles plus a few warm up laps. How are your confidence levels?
A second row start for next weekend seems a very acceptable outcome for
Alonso next weekend. Of course, it could all be over in a matter of seconds
or he could be in the mix all the way to the end.

If his pit crew get the strategy right, and with some luck around the US
penchant for dropping yellow flags just to spice things up, he's definitly
in with a shout of a victory.
Edmund
2017-05-22 11:42:30 UTC
Post by Bobster
Post by Edmund
Post by Bigbird
Engine change before qualifying 2.
Honda never misses an opportunity to fuck up.
With 9 of the first 12 starting places, they seem to have missed plenty.
Alonso got through the pole shoot out, and now his car has to go 500
miles plus a few warm up laps. How are your confidence levels?
For Alfonzies car? Less compared to a few days ago.
They ( honda ) build this engines for quite some time, it is old
technology so I expected a trouble free performance.
Yet Honda still found a way to to fuck up Alonso's engine after only a
couple of practice laps.
larkim
2017-05-22 11:53:22 UTC
Post by Edmund
Post by Bobster
Post by Edmund
Post by Bigbird
Engine change before qualifying 2.
Honda never misses an opportunity to fuck up.
With 9 of the first 12 starting places, they seem to have missed plenty.
Alonso got through the pole shoot out, and now his car has to go 500
miles plus a few warm up laps. How are your confidence levels?
For Alfonzies car? Less compared to a few days ago.
They ( honda ) build this engines for quite some time, it is old
technology so I expected a trouble free performance.
Yet Honda still found a way to to fuck up Alonso's engine after only a
couple of practice laps.
I don't really think you seriously mean that, do you?

Engines go pop, it happens. They can go bang because they were badly
designed, over-stressed, badly manufactured, badly assembled, abused,
fitted badly etc etc to the car.

If you think that the Honda in the back of Alonso's Indy car (along with the
Hondas in the back of most of the grid) is suffering in any way the same
malaise as the F1 engine debacle then you're clearly deluded.
Sir Tim
2017-05-22 12:21:05 UTC
Post by larkim
Post by Edmund
Post by Bobster
Post by Edmund
Post by Bigbird
[...]
Few of us doubt that :-)
Sir Tim
~misfit~
2017-05-22 12:51:32 UTC
Post by larkim
Post by Edmund
Post by Bobster
Post by Edmund
Post by Bigbird
[...]
Hang on....

There's one thing in common with the Honda engines in F1 'going pop' and
that engine if Indy and it's initials are FA.

Maybe Edmund's finally worked out what's wrong with McLaren Honda!
--
Shaun.

little classification in the DSM*."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
Edmund
2017-05-22 12:51:07 UTC
Post by larkim
Post by Edmund
Post by Bobster
Post by Edmund
Post by Bigbird
Engine change before qualifying 2.
Honda never misses an opportunity to fuck up.
With 9 of the first 12 starting places, they seem to have missed plenty.
Alonso got through the pole shoot out, and now his car has to go 500
miles plus a few warm up laps. How are your confidence levels?
For Alfonzies car? Less compared to a few days ago.
They ( honda ) build this engines for quite some time, it is old
technology so I expected a trouble free performance.
Yet Honda still found a way to to fuck up Alonso's engine after only a
couple of practice laps.
I don't really think you seriously mean that, do you?
I don't understand what is possible not serious about mentioning what has
already happened.
larkim
2017-05-22 14:26:09 UTC
Post by Edmund
Post by larkim
Post by Edmund
Post by Bobster
Post by Edmund
Post by Bigbird
Engine change before qualifying 2.
Honda never misses an opportunity to fuck up.
With 9 of the first 12 starting places, they seem to have missed plenty.
Alonso got through the pole shoot out, and now his car has to go 500
miles plus a few warm up laps. How are your confidence levels?
For Alfonzies car? Less compared to a few days ago.
They ( honda ) build this engines for quite some time, it is old
technology so I expected a trouble free performance.
Yet Honda still found a way to to fuck up Alonso's engine after only a
couple of practice laps.
I don't really think you seriously mean that, do you?
I don't understand what is possible not serious about mentioning what has
already happened.
That "Honda found a way to fuck up Alonso's engine".

Do you know Honda did that? Or the turbo manufacturers? Or a mechanic in
the garage not tightening things up properly? Or a component part
manufacturer with a defect?
Edmund
2017-05-22 15:44:44 UTC
Post by larkim
Post by Edmund
Post by larkim
Post by Edmund
Post by Bobster
Post by Edmund
Post by Bigbird
[...]
Oh you like to splitting hears.
Honda have showed little more then unspeakable arrogance and constant
engine failures since 2014.
People all over the world are openly laughing and ridiculing them
and so do I, they fully deserve that. People where already making jokes
about possible new engine failures at Indy.
Guess what, after only a couple of practice sessions Alonso's engine
already had to be replaced.
So lets say they ( Hopeless Honda ) gives the impression to fuck up just
about everything they do.
Now read Bigbirds post and shiver.

Edmund
Jeff
2017-05-22 17:56:15 UTC
Post by Edmund
Post by larkim
Post by Edmund
Post by larkim
Post by Edmund
Post by Bobster
Post by Edmund
Post by Bigbird
[...]
That engine has likely been in that car since the beginning of the season,
not just a few practice sessions. They are leased from Honda with mileage
limits. It is common practice to use up the engine mileage in practice
sessions at Indianapolis so they can replace it with a fresh one for
qualifications and the race.
Bigbird
2017-05-22 13:21:21 UTC
Post by Edmund
Post by Bobster
Post by Edmund
Post by Bigbird
Engine change before qualifying 2.
Honda never misses an opportunity to fuck up.
With 9 of the first 12 starting places, they seem to have missed plenty.
Alonso got through the pole shoot out, and now his car has to go 500
miles plus a few warm up laps. How are your confidence levels?
For Alfonzies car? Less compared to a few days ago.
They ( honda ) build this engines for quite some time, it is old
technology so I expected a trouble free performance.
I wouldn't get your hopes up. Ferdies problem was not the first
reliability concern they have had with the engines...

https://www.racer.com/indycar/item/140577-honda-engine-failures-raise-concerns

Could be a case of detuning vs detonation.
Edmund
2017-05-22 13:44:08 UTC
Post by Bigbird
Post by Edmund
Post by Bobster
Post by Bigbird
Could be a case of detuning vs detonation.
Un fucking believable.
People already joked :- What about if that ( Indy ) Honda blows up too.-
I wouldn't care if they go bankrupt and disappear ASAP.

Edmund
geoff

build
2017-05-22 07:07:49 UTC
Post by Edmund
Post by Bigbird
Engine change before qualifying 2.
Honda never misses an opportunity to fuck up.
Edmund
Yeah, I know I shouldn't feed the puppets but hey, I'm an Aussie:
"I'm used to it." at 8:40. lol.

Edmund
2017-05-22 11:52:53 UTC
Post by build
Post by Edmund
Post by Bigbird
Engine change before qualifying 2.
Honda never misses an opportunity to fuck up.
Edmund
"I'm used to it." at 8:40. lol.
http://youtu.be/D3Q8HWnzkD8
Priceless!, and not over yet, as I mentioned Hasegawa using ducttape to
seal all that oil leakages, now at indy they super clued parts, well that
is an improvement over ducttape, maybe Hasegawa can adapt that.
It is probably better their japanese chewing gum.

Edmund