He's BAAACK...
2017-02-07 21:36:47 UTC
The A/P:
http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/anthony-hamilton-lewis-metaphorically-kills-drivers
Bigbird
2017-02-07 22:36:36 UTC
http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/anthony-hamilton-lewis-metaphorically-kills-drivers

Well don't let him cause you another breakdown.
brafield
2017-02-08 20:02:11 UTC
http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/anthony-hamilton-lewis-metaphorically-kills-drivers
Valentino Rossi did the same thing to his rivals. Outwardly a nice guy, but his cat-and-mouse playing with other riders, and ruthless closing laps --- when he could have won clear --- was almost painful to witness. He disheartened quite a few.

There are fast drivers, and brilliant racers, and there are one or two assassins.
brafield
2017-02-08 20:03:53 UTC
http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/anthony-hamilton-lewis-metaphorically-kills-drivers
Anthony meant to say "figuratively", not metaphorically.
~misfit~
2017-02-09 00:59:30 UTC
Post by brafield
Post by News
http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/anthony-hamilton-lewis-metaphorically-kills-drivers
Anthony meant to say "figuratively", not metaphorically.
Anthony didn't say that, the Autoweak 'journalist' did.

I think what Hamilton senior *meant* to say was "No comment" but his mouth
ran away with him.

I can see why Lewis felt he had to take a break from constantly being with
Anthony. The messages he gives out with his words are so very mixed. From
that Autoweak article;

"Not just how strong you are but how much experience you have had of
mustering all of your strength to do something you believe is beyond your
capability."

From my time as a life coach I know not to say anything as stupid as that.
If you believe something is beyond your capability then subconciously you're
giving yourself a big reason to fail. The subconscious is a very literal
beast, it acts on what words it hears (or sees). Which is why I advise
people to be careful using the phrase 'I will try to ...' and only use it
when external factors affect the outcome.

Another quote from Anthony on that page that is really not good langauge to
use if you're closely involved with a competitor; "Lewis only has one desire
and ambition right now, which is to claim back the title if he can, if the
car is good and everything works in his favor".

"If he can"? "If the car is good"? "If everything works in his favour"? It's
no wonder Lewis asked him to stop going to every race. Now he needs to ask
him to start saying something like "No comment, my son speaks for himself on
the track" if journos cold-call him.

A supportive father can be a huge blessing in helping a young racer get to
the top but Anthony is a perfect example of why, once their son is there,
they should STFU and just bask in the reflected glory.

2017-02-09 01:47:21 UTC
From my time as a life coach
Weird that you ended up without one.
~misfit~
2017-02-10 02:05:47 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by ~misfit~
From my time as a life coach
Weird that you ended up without one.
Odd that you seem sooo attracted to me....