More fuel in 2019
2018-04-18 02:47:09 UTC
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/135465/f1-to-up-fuel-limit-for-full-power-racing

* 5kg more fuel in 2019
* introduction of the biometric gloves
* minimum weight for drivers

Discussion around aero changes continues
Mark Jackson
2018-04-18 05:06:03 UTC
* minimum weight for drivers
Restrictions on where the lighter ones can carry their ballast?
This quote is often falsely attributed to Mark Twain.
- Randall Munroe
bra
2018-04-18 16:32:46 UTC
Post by Mark Jackson
Post by Bobster
* minimum weight for drivers
Restrictions on where the lighter ones can carry their ballast?
Ha!
Many years ago when drag racer Angelle Savoie was winning pro stock motorcycle championships, her rivals complained that she weighed only 100lbs and was 'unfairly' quick off the start line.

So the NHRA introduced rider-plus-bike minimum weights. This meant that Angelle's team would have to add about 60lbs of lead ballast to her bike (now there was a 100lb woman wrestling a 500lb bike).

Nonetheless, they added the weight--- low down on the foremost part of the frame just behind the front wheel.

Effective result ---- it prevented wheelies, so she was able to leave even quicker!

(We won't get into the subsequent protests that she was "too short" at 5ft, and had an aerodynamic advantage too.)

Yes, I have posted this topic before ;-)
build
2018-04-19 02:36:11 UTC
Post by Mark Jackson
Post by Bobster
* minimum weight for drivers
Restrictions on where the lighter ones can carry their ballast?
G'day Mark,
Yes, I believe the driver ballast is to be distributed around the seat. And I believe the minimum weight is 80KG. It's long overdue.

beers,
Mark Jackson
2018-04-19 02:57:32 UTC
Post by Mark Jackson
Post by Bobster
* minimum weight for drivers
Restrictions on where the lighter ones can carry their ballast?
Yes, I believe the driver ballast is to be distributed around the
seat.
Won't that make an unsightly bulge?
This quote is often falsely attributed to Mark Twain.
- Randall Munroe
build
Nope.
t***@gmail.com
2018-04-19 04:18:13 UTC
Nope.
Useless dipshit.
bra
2018-04-19 15:57:19 UTC
--- and the ballast must all be there at the end of the race!
build
2018-04-23 11:44:31 UTC
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/135465/f1-to-up-fuel-limit-for-full-power-racing
* 5kg more fuel in 2019
* introduction of the biometric gloves
* minimum weight for drivers
Discussion around aero changes continues
Rumours on the 2021 regs.
* Rev limit increased to 18K (+ noise).
* Fuel flow limit dumped (consequence of rev change).
* MGU-H dumped (=turbo lag).
* MGU-K restrictions relaxed.
Regs should be finalised by end of May.

beers,
M2T
Are they updating the Track Kit regs too?
keefy
2018-04-23 20:01:45 UTC
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/135465/f1-to-up-fuel-limit-for-full-power-racing
* 5kg more fuel in 2019
* introduction of the biometric gloves
* minimum weight for drivers
Discussion around aero changes continues
Rumours on the 2021 regs.
* Rev limit increased to 18K (+ noise).
If any engines are used at those revs. My understanding is that the
current limit is 15,000 but the engines are only to 10,000 or 12,000 revs
Post by build
* Fuel flow limit dumped (consequence of rev change).
I understood it was so drivers can drive flat out for the whole race
Post by build
* MGU-H dumped (=turbo lag).
Surely turbo lag, or no lag, is mostly dependent on engine revs and size
of turbo