Same Car
2017-06-02 19:52:30 UTC
ALONSO: IN THE SAME CAR I CAN BEAT ANYONE
http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/04/22/alonso-in-the-same-car-i-can-beat-anyone/

Alonso was beaten in the 2017 Indianapolis 500, in the same
car, by Marco Andretti, Takuma Sato, and Alexander Rossi.
http://www.foxsports.com/motor/results?circuit=6
Bobster
2017-06-03 03:26:01 UTC
Post by .
ALONSO: IN THE SAME CAR I CAN BEAT ANYONE
http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/04/22/alonso-in-the-same-car-i-can-beat-anyone/
Did you read the article? Alonso never actually said that. You're taking him to task for what a sub-editor wrote, not what he said.
.
2017-06-03 03:36:47 UTC
Post by .
ALONSO: IN THE SAME CAR I CAN BEAT ANYONE
http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/04/22/alonso-in-the-same-car-i-can-beat-anyone/
Did you read the article? Alonso never actually said that.
Excerpted from the article:
“But if you put me in the same car at the same moment and same
track as anyone. I think that I will beat them. (Which is exactly
what occurred at the 500 - me.) Maybe I’m not best of all sections,
but overall I will beat them,” mused the double world champion.
Post by Bobster
You're taking him to task for what a sub-editor wrote, not what he said.
Either you're still a liar or you're still that stupid, not that it makes
a significant difference.
Bobster

Anyway, if this was Lewis he would just be being appropriately confident or some such. You won't find many drivers saying "oh well, yes, I'm not that good, and even if I had the same car I couldn't beat so-and-so".
.
2017-06-03 12:56:07 UTC
Post by .
Post by Bobster
You're taking him to task for what a sub-editor wrote, not what he said.
Either you're still a liar or you're still that stupid, not that it makes
a significant difference.
Who are you really?
Who do you need me to be (rhetorical). You suffer from Liar's Curse -
an acute inability to believe anyone else in the expectation that, like
himself, they too must be liars.
Like all liars, your story and excuses change with each telling.
Grant
2017-06-03 11:30:46 UTC
Post by .
ALONSO: IN THE SAME CAR I CAN BEAT ANYONE
http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/04/22/alonso-in-the-same-car-i-can-beat-anyone/
Alonso was beaten in the 2017 Indianapolis 500, in the same
car, by Marco Andretti, Takuma Sato, and Alexander Rossi.
http://www.foxsports.com/motor/results?circuit=6
Two points
1, Alonso's Engine blew so he couldn't complete the race, so who knows what
would have happened.
2, The Indy 500 is a bit of a lottery and needs more luck to win than most
other races,. That's what the drivers say.
.
2017-06-03 13:00:25 UTC
Post by Grant
Post by .
[...]

Same car, same moment, same track.

He's the one who set the parameters, not I.
Bobster
2017-06-03 16:07:55 UTC
Post by .
Post by Grant
Post by .
[...]
I'd say it was an expression of confidence, not a boast.

But you can go and write 500 lines: Fan boiz are always haters.
.
2017-06-03 16:16:10 UTC
Post by .
Post by Grant
Post by .
[...]
As your lies continually exacerbate with your each and every utterance.
Post by Bobster
But you can go and write 500 lines: Fan boiz are always haters.
You're a proven, documented liar, 'nuff said.