No Top Team Wants Alonso
2017-07-10 12:11:04 UTC
Quite justifiably, no top team wants Alonso. Mercedes
and Red Bull have already said they're not interested.

Ferrari F1 team 'not interested' in having Fernando Alonso back
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130645

Ferrari say they are not interested in Fernando Alonso for 2018
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10943531/ferrari-say-they-are-not-interested-in-fernando-alonso-for-2018

Ferrari insists it's "not interested" in Alonso return
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-insists-it-s-not-interested-in-alonso-return-928941/

Ferrari rejects Alonso return approach
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/269069/1/ferrari-rejects-alonso-return-approach.html
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.
D Munz
2017-07-10 12:20:44 UTC
Post by .
Quite justifiably, no top team wants Alonso. Mercedes
and Red Bull have already said they're not interested.
Ferrari F1 team 'not interested' in having Fernando Alonso back
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130645
Ferrari say they are not interested in Fernando Alonso for 2018
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10943531/ferrari-say-they-are-not-interested-in-fernando-alonso-for-2018
Ferrari insists it's "not interested" in Alonso return
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-insists-it-s-not-interested-in-alonso-return-928941/
Ferrari rejects Alonso return approach
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/269069/1/ferrari-rejects-alonso-return-approach.html
--
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.
Two move scenarios:

1. Historically in F1 when someone has said "absolutely no" they really mean "yes" and its becomes a two-way fight to get him into a seat.

2. Fred goes to Indy.

Personally, I would like to see him run a full season in IndyCart. The 500 is a big deal but there are other great tracks (non-ovals) where it would be fun to watch him. And, the car parity in Indy would make it easier to judge his performance against the other drivers.

I think any move within F1 will just mean disaster for the team that picks him up (from a historical, bad luck and falling off the cliff, perspective.) Along those lines, I guess he could sign with Merc a day or two before they bail out of F1. (Need to check with Eddy on that one though...)

2017-07-10 12:42:58 UTC
Post by D Munz
Post by .
[...]
Commonly referred to as "newspeak".
Post by D Munz
2. Fred goes to Indy.
Personally, I would like to see him run a full season in IndyCart. The 500 is a big deal but there are other great tracks (non-ovals) where it would be fun to watch him. And, the car parity in Indy would make it easier to judge his performance against the other drivers.
“But if you put me in the same car at the same moment and same
track as anyone. I think that I will beat them." - Alonso

A question that has already been answered at the Indy 500:
In the same team, same car, same track, same moment - he
lost and a teammate won.
Post by D Munz
I think any move within F1 will just mean disaster for the team that picks him up (from a historical, bad luck and falling off the cliff, perspective.) Along those lines, I guess he could sign with Merc a day or two before they bail out of F1. (Need to check with Eddy on that one though...)
Now *there's* a source, although you forgot the smiley.
D Munz
2017-07-10 13:30:47 UTC
Post by .
Post by D Munz
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.
Fair points except about Indy. His car broke so we don't really know. I think he had a shot at the win but Honda let him down.

2017-07-10 14:14:30 UTC
Post by D Munz
Post by .
Post by D Munz
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.
Fair points except about Indy. His car broke so we don't really know. I think he had a shot at the win but Honda let him down.
In a 6 car team, each teammate had the same car and same
new engine; only his engine broke.
News
Honda engines were breaking the entire month of May. Try harder.
.
2017-07-10 14:39:50 UTC
Post by .
Post by D Munz
Post by .
Post by D Munz
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.
Fair points except about Indy. His car broke so we don't really
know. I think he had a shot at the win but Honda let him down.
In a 6 car team, each teammate had the same car and same
new engine; only his engine broke.
Honda engines were breaking the entire month of May. Try harder.
So your erroneous claim is that Andretti, Hunter-Reay, Rossi, Sato
or Harvey's, engine broke? Just your usual pathetic, failed attempt
at deceit once more, but everyone should be used to that by now.
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.
Alan Baker
2017-07-10 15:34:22 UTC
Post by .
Post by News
Post by .
Post by D Munz
Post by .
Post by D Munz
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.
Fair points except about Indy. His car broke so we don't really
know. I think he had a shot at the win but Honda let him down.
In a 6 car team, each teammate had the same car and same
new engine; only his engine broke.
Honda engines were breaking the entire month of May. Try harder.
So your erroneous claim is that Andretti, Hunter-Reay, Rossi, Sato
or Harvey's, engine broke? Just your usual pathetic, failed attempt
at deceit once more, but everyone should be used to that by now.
Yes, you idiot: Hunter-Reay's engine broke on lap 137.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Indianapolis_500#Finish>
.
2017-07-10 15:42:50 UTC
Post by .
Post by News
Post by .
Post by D Munz
Post by .
Post by D Munz
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.
Fair points except about Indy. His car broke so we don't really
know. I think he had a shot at the win but Honda let him down.
In a 6 car team, each teammate had the same car and same
new engine; only his engine broke.
Honda engines were breaking the entire month of May. Try harder.
So your erroneous claim is that Andretti, Hunter-Reay, Rossi, Sato
or Harvey's, engine broke? Just your usual pathetic, failed attempt
at deceit once more, but everyone should be used to that by now.
Yes, you idiot: Hunter-Reay's engine broke on lap 137.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Indianapolis_500#Finish>
Correct, my error. You've *FINALLY* and for the first time,
gotten *ONE THING* correct. Although RHR has had some
successes, his record is also one of a teammate who's broken
or damaged more hardware than the rest of the team combined
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.
Alan Baker
2017-07-10 16:12:17 UTC
Post by .
Post by Alan Baker
Post by .
Post by News
Post by .
Post by D Munz
Post by .
Post by D Munz
[...]
Sorry, idiot, but since I just proved you were wrong, you're going to
have to prove your claim about Hunter-Reay before we go on...
.
2017-07-10 16:22:59 UTC
Post by .
Post by Alan Baker
Post by .
Post by News
Post by .
Post by D Munz
Post by .
Post by D Munz
[...]
Not good, but *excellent*; now go away and stay far, far away.
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.
Alan Baker
2017-07-10 16:30:09 UTC
Post by .
Post by Alan Baker
Post by .
Post by Alan Baker
Post by .
Post by News
Post by .
Post by D Munz
Post by .
Post by D Munz
[...]
Can't prove what you just said? Why didn't you just say so?

:-)
o***@airpost.net
Stick to shagging sheep, it's the only thing you english are good at and world famous for.
.
2017-07-12 13:26:45 UTC
Post by o***@airpost.net
Post by .
Post by Alan Baker
Post by .
Post by News
Post by .
Post by D Munz
Post by .
Post by D Munz
[...]
I'm not remotely English, British, Australian, nor New Zealander.
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.
o***@airpost.net
You're a Hamilton lover = Sheep.Shagger.
.
2017-07-12 15:19:13 UTC
Post by o***@airpost.net
Post by .
Post by o***@airpost.net
Post by .
Post by Alan Baker
Post by .
Post by News
Post by .
Post by D Munz
Post by .
Post by D Munz
[...]
I'm NOT, but you ARE an idiot.
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.
Edmund
2017-07-11 14:25:42 UTC
Quite justifiably, no top team wants Alonso. Mercedes and Red Bull
have already said they're not interested.
In a 6 car team, each teammate had the same car and same new engine;
only his engine broke.
Honda engines were breaking the entire month of May. Try harder.
Try harder, really? :-)

2017-07-10 15:33:28 UTC
Post by .
Post by D Munz
Post by .
Post by D Munz
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.
Fair points except about Indy. His car broke so we don't really
know. I think he had a shot at the win but Honda let him down.
In a 6 car team, each teammate had the same car and same
new engine; only his engine broke.
Wow.

How big an idiot ARE you?

Ryan Hunter-Reay's was on that team and his engine failed.
Post by .
2017-07-10 15:28:20 UTC
Post by .
Post by D Munz
2. Fred goes to Indy.
Personally, I would like to see him run a full season in IndyCart.
The 500 is a big deal but there are other great tracks (non-ovals)
where it would be fun to watch him. And, the car parity in Indy would
make it easier to judge his performance against the other drivers.
“But if you put me in the same car at the same moment and same
track as anyone. I think that I will beat them." - Alonso
In the same team, same car, same track, same moment - he
lost and a teammate won.
He lost because the car broke.
2017-07-10 15:37:44 UTC
Post by .
Post by D Munz
2. Fred goes to Indy.
Personally, I would like to see him run a full season in IndyCart.
The 500 is a big deal but there are other great tracks (non-ovals)
where it would be fun to watch him. And, the car parity in Indy
would make it easier to judge his performance against the other drivers.
“But if you put me in the same car at the same moment and same
track as anyone. I think that I will beat them." - Alonso
In the same team, same car, same track, same moment - he
lost and a teammate won.
He lost because the car broke.
Hardly, he was in 7th place at the time. You have to be in 1st place to win.
Alan Baker
2017-07-10 16:11:12 UTC
Post by .
Post by Alan Baker
Post by .
Post by D Munz
2. Fred goes to Indy.
Personally, I would like to see him run a full season in IndyCart.
The 500 is a big deal but there are other great tracks (non-ovals)
where it would be fun to watch him. And, the car parity in Indy
would make it easier to judge his performance against the other drivers.
“But if you put me in the same car at the same moment and same
track as anyone. I think that I will beat them." - Alonso
In the same team, same car, same track, same moment - he
lost and a teammate won.
He lost because the car broke.
Hardly, he was in 7th place at the time. You have to be in 1st place to win.
And they were trading places back and forth all the time.

On lap 160, Sato was in 10th...

...which was one place behind Alonso.

It's almost like you didn't watch the race...

...or understand what was what.

:-)
.
2017-07-10 16:21:23 UTC
Post by .
Post by Alan Baker
Post by .
Post by D Munz
2. Fred goes to Indy.
Personally, I would like to see him run a full season in IndyCart.
The 500 is a big deal but there are other great tracks (non-ovals)
where it would be fun to watch him. And, the car parity in Indy
would make it easier to judge his performance against the other drivers.
“But if you put me in the same car at the same moment and same
track as anyone. I think that I will beat them." - Alonso
In the same team, same car, same track, same moment - he
lost and a teammate won.
He lost because the car broke.
Hardly, he was in 7th place at the time. You have to be in 1st place to win.
And they were trading places back and forth all the time.
On lap 160, Sato was in 10th...
...which was one place behind Alonso.
It's almost like you didn't watch the race...
...or understand what was what.
None of that, even if true, comes remotely close to changing
the indisputable fact that he was in 7th place. A race can't be
won from there. Of 6 teammates, Alonso was the penultimate
finisher.
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.
Alan Baker
2017-07-10 16:32:03 UTC
Post by .
Post by Alan Baker
Post by .
Post by Alan Baker
Post by .
Post by D Munz
[...]
It's all true.

<https://cdn.theapexracing.co/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/2017-Indianapolis-500-lap-chart.pdf>
Post by .
the indisputable fact that he was in 7th place. A race can't be
won from there. Of 6 teammates, Alonso was the penultimate
finisher.
Sato won from further back that that...

...but you don't let facts get in the way of your biases, do you?

:-)
jtees4
2017-07-10 13:31:45 UTC
Post by .
Quite justifiably, no top team wants Alonso. Mercedes
and Red Bull have already said they're not interested.
Ferrari F1 team 'not interested' in having Fernando Alonso back
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130645
Ferrari say they are not interested in Fernando Alonso for 2018
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10943531/ferrari-say-they-are-not-interested-in-fernando-alonso-for-2018
Ferrari insists it's "not interested" in Alonso return
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-insists-it-s-not-interested-in-alonso-return-928941/
Ferrari rejects Alonso return approach
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/269069/1/ferrari-rejects-alonso-return-approach.html
I would love to see him in Kimi's spot....but it probably won't
happen.
.
2017-07-10 14:15:51 UTC
Post by jtees4
Post by .
Quite justifiably, no top team wants Alonso. Mercedes
and Red Bull have already said they're not interested.
Ferrari F1 team 'not interested' in having Fernando Alonso back
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130645
Ferrari say they are not interested in Fernando Alonso for 2018
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10943531/ferrari-say-they-are-not-interested-in-fernando-alonso-for-2018
Ferrari insists it's "not interested" in Alonso return
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-insists-it-s-not-interested-in-alonso-return-928941/
Ferrari rejects Alonso return approach
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/269069/1/ferrari-rejects-alonso-return-approach.html
I would love to see him in Kimi's spot....
He was, but Ferrari and Alonso parted ways after he made no
progress for years; upon Vettel's arrival, they did make progress.
Post by jtees4
but it probably won't
happen.
Despite his wishes, they clearly don't want him back.
--
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.