Delusional Alonso
2017-08-26 16:58:21 UTC
McLaren 'easy 1-2' without PU deficit - Alonso
http://www.racer.com/f1/item/143525-mclaren-easy-1-2-without-pu-deficit-alonso

"I think it was a very good day for us, a very positive Saturday. I
think the performance we saw today was a little bit unexpected for us.
How competitive we were, especially in Q1 and Q2 where we were 1.5 or
1.7s from first position which is probably a little bit better than
expected. Happy with the car, happy with the balance, happy with the
team as we planned qualifying, so a very positive day for us".

It just doesn't get any more insane than that.
My mirror continues its finite yet unbounded journey.
Alan Baker
Given the pace they showed in the second sector, I think he's got a point.
Sir Tim
2017-08-26 19:03:22 UTC
Post by .
McLaren 'easy 1-2' without PU deficit - Alonso
http://www.racer.com/f1/item/143525-mclaren-easy-1-2-without-pu-deficit-alonso
"I think it was a very good day for us, a very positive Saturday. I
think the performance we saw today was a little bit unexpected for us.
How competitive we were, especially in Q1 and Q2 where we were 1.5 or
1.7s from first position which is probably a little bit better than
expected. Happy with the car, happy with the balance, happy with the
team as we planned qualifying, so a very positive day for us".
It just doesn't get any more insane than that.
An "easy 1-2" is certainly optimistic but it's clear that McLaren have an
excellent chassis.