Torro Rosso Out Qualifying Mclaren
Add Reply
CS
2018-04-07 19:48:47 UTC
The Honda chickens are coming home to roost. So if it ain't the engine, it must be the car design!
Bobster
2018-04-07 21:19:54 UTC
Post by CS
The Honda chickens are coming home to roost. So if it ain't the engine, it must be the car design!
Indeed. Boullier said that they'd struggled at Sakhir last year and now they've struggled again and they need to look into it and understand why that is.

I think there's various things that have come together here.
1) New ICEs from Honda. So there's been some development gone on and it's worked.
2) The new aero bits on the STR have worked very well.
3) McLaren have a problem at Sakhir.

But still, there's some irony here.
build
2018-04-07 22:51:10 UTC
Post by CS
The Honda chickens are coming home to roost. So if it ain't the engine, it must be the car design!
Indeed. Boullier said that they'd struggled at Sakhir last year and now they've struggled again and they need to look into it and understand why that is.
I think there's various things that have come together here.
1) New ICEs from Honda. So there's been some development gone on and it's worked.
2) The new aero bits on the STR have worked very well.
3) McLaren have a problem at Sakhir.
4). Maybe the driver drove the car and engine with exceptional skill?
~misfit~
2018-04-08 00:44:11 UTC
Post by CS
The Honda chickens are coming home to roost. So if it ain't the
engine, it must be the car design!
Indeed. Boullier said that they'd struggled at Sakhir last year and
now they've struggled again and they need to look into it and
understand why that is.
I think there's various things that have come together here.
1) New ICEs from Honda. So there's been some development gone on and
it's worked. 2) The new aero bits on the STR have worked very well.
3) McLaren have a problem at Sakhir.
4). Maybe the driver drove the car and engine with exceptional skill?
So both Toro Rosso drivers outdrove Alonso and Vandoorne by a decent margin
(despite one of them hitting a bird and damaging his front wing during
qually)? After qualifying ~1 second a lap slower than them last race?

I know you're a Gasly fan but I think that there's more to it than that...

2018-04-08 02:49:54 UTC
I know you're a Gasly fan but I think that there's more to it than that...
You psychotic asshole.
You were shitting on build last week.
You fucking sick cunt.
t***@gmail.com
2018-04-08 02:52:25 UTC
I know
You don't know fuck all.
geoff
2018-04-08 07:56:30 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by ~misfit~
I know
You don't know fuck all.
That means you think he knows lots then. Ignoramus .

2018-04-08 07:57:46 UTC
Post by CS
[...]
I see that Ferrari have been been keeping Vettel happy by turning the wick
up in Bahrain, running thier own 'party mode' quite a bit. I do hope their
reliability doesn't suffer - either here or over the season.

2018-04-08 14:15:38 UTC
4). Maybe the driver drove the car and engine with exceptional skill?
I know you're a Gasly fan but I think that there's more to it than that...
What the ...
How the heck did you come to that conclusion ?
~misfit~
2018-04-09 04:44:48 UTC
4). Maybe the driver drove the car and engine with exceptional skill?
I know you're a Gasly fan but I think that there's more to it than
that... --
Shaun.
What the ...
How the heck did you come to that conclusion ?
By remembering. You sent me an email part-way into his GP2 year telling me
that he's the 'bloke to watch', that he was going places (and I replied
saying that having Red Bull backing helps in that regard).

2018-04-09 04:52:02 UTC
4). Maybe the driver drove the car and engine with exceptional skill?
I know you're a Gasly fan but I think that there's more to it than
that... --
Shaun.
What the ...
How the heck did you come to that conclusion ?
By remembering. You sent me an email part-way into his GP2 year
telling me that he's the 'bloke to watch', that he was going places
(and I replied saying that having Red Bull backing helps in that
regard).
Just checked my emails from 2016 - a few hours after you told me he was a
bloke to watch you sent me another email a few minutes after Gasly won the
2016 Silverstone feature race that was titled "GP2 WINNER!".

So on the weight of that I figured you were a Gasly fan.

2018-04-08 03:04:11 UTC
Post by CS
The Honda chickens are coming home to roost. So if it ain't the engine, it must be the car design!
Indeed. Boullier said that they'd struggled at Sakhir last year and now they've struggled again and they need to look into it and understand why that is.
I think there's various things that have come together here.
1) New ICEs from Honda. So there's been some development gone on and it's worked.
2) The new aero bits on the STR have worked very well.
3) McLaren have a problem at Sakhir.
4). Maybe the driver drove the car and engine with exceptional skill?
Indeed. What we don't know yet was which race is unrepresentative - Australia or Bahrain.

It is clear, though, that the engine in that car is not a total dud.
But still, there's some irony here.
Edmund
2018-04-08 10:39:54 UTC
Post by CS
The Honda chickens are coming home to roost. So if it ain't the engine, it must be the car design!
Most likely it is both.
No doubt Honda has doubled the billion budget in order to avoid
another year being ridiculed by the world.
In addition to that, like I said before Toro Rosso has probably
a better chassis then McLaren.

Look at the difference between Red Bull and McLaren, no wonder
Boulier was sweating like hell.