Dan to replace Brendon
2018-07-11 21:18:58 UTC
Sadly there is a rumour around that Dan will replace Brendon Hartley at Torro Rosso.
t***@gmail.com
2018-07-11 21:24:21 UTC

Ya, real sad, boo fucking hoo.
DumbedDownUSA
2018-07-12 05:38:57 UTC
build wrote:

> Sadly there is a rumour around that Dan will replace Brendon Hartley
> at Torro Rosso.

There is no "will" until he qualifies for a superlicence.

For anyone who knows of two or more people called Dan,

Dan Tiktum

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/137238/ticktum-in-frame-to-replace-hartley-for-2019

--
If I am not the real DDUSA I must be the overweight attention seeking
loser sitting on my mothers couch in underpants I haven't changed in a
Trump averages eight falsehoods a day; how you doin'?
build
2018-07-12 12:45:43 UTC
On Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 3:38:58 PM UTC+10, DumbedDownUSA wrote:
> build wrote:
>
> > Sadly there is a rumour around that Dan will replace Brendon Hartley
> > at Torro Rosso.
>
> There is no "will" until he qualifies for a superlicence.
>
> For anyone who knows of two or more people called Dan,
>
> Dan Tiktum
>
> https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/137238/ticktum-in-frame-to-replace-hartley-for-2019

Awww, ya spoiled my fun :-)

It's also only a rumour which I hope is wrong. I'll be disappointed if the Kiwi does not get a full swipe at F1. F1 is a bloody tough sport.

Rumours don't worry about details. But he'd almost certainly get the license.

beers,
build
DumbedDownUSA
2018-07-12 13:30:09 UTC
build wrote:

> On Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 3:38:58 PM UTC+10, DumbedDownUSA wrote:
> > build wrote:
> >
> > > Sadly there is a rumour around that Dan will replace Brendon
> > > Hartley at Torro Rosso.
> >
> > There is no "will" until he qualifies for a superlicence.
> >
> > For anyone who knows of two or more people called Dan,
> >
> > Dan Tiktum

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/137238/ticktum-in-frame-to-replace-hartley-for-2019

> Awww, ya spoiled my fun :-)
>
> It's also only a rumour which I hope is wrong. I'll be disappointed
> if the Kiwi does not get a full swipe at F1. F1 is a bloody tough
> sport.
>
> Rumours don't worry about details. But he'd almost certainly get the
> license.

How?

~misfit~
2018-07-12 22:37:59 UTC
Once upon a time on usenet DumbedDownUSA wrote:
> build wrote:
>
>> Sadly there is a rumour around that Dan will replace Brendon Hartley
>> at Torro Rosso.
>
> There is no "will" until he qualifies for a superlicence.
>
> For anyone who knows of two or more people called Dan,
>
> Dan Tiktum
>
> https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/137238/ticktum-in-frame-to-replace-hartley-for-2019

It's be good to see Tiktum out of Marcus Armstrongs way. So far this year
he's taken Marcus out of 3 races. That said I'd like to see Brendon get a
fair shake of the stick. It seems Toro Rosso is using him as a sort of
in-season tester - likely due to his age and endurance car background.

2018-07-13 08:18:05 UTC
On Thursday, 12 July 2018 23:38:03 UTC+1, ~misfit~ wrote:
> Once upon a time on usenet DumbedDownUSA wrote:
> > build wrote:
> >
> >> Sadly there is a rumour around that Dan will replace Brendon Hartley
> >> at Torro Rosso.
> >
> > There is no "will" until he qualifies for a superlicence.
> >
> > For anyone who knows of two or more people called Dan,
> >
> > Dan Tiktum
> >
> > https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/137238/ticktum-in-frame-to-replace-hartley-for-2019
>
> It's be good to see Tiktum out of Marcus Armstrongs way. So far this year
> he's taken Marcus out of 3 races. That said I'd like to see Brendon get a
> fair shake of the stick. It seems Toro Rosso is using him as a sort of
> in-season tester - likely due to his age and endurance car background.
> --
> Shaun.
>
> "Humans will have advanced a long, long way when religious belief has a cozy
> little classification in the DSM*."
> David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
> (*Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders)

Given how experienced he is, I've not really seen any flashes of brilliance
by Hartley. He's had bucket loads of bad luck of course, but he really
isn't setting the world alight - a shame as he seems a nice guy, but he's
not showing that he's an overlooked talent finally getting his chance.
~misfit~
2018-07-13 11:37:34 UTC
Once upon a time on usenet larkim wrote:
> On Thursday, 12 July 2018 23:38:03 UTC+1, ~misfit~ wrote:

>>> There is no "will" until he qualifies for a superlicence.
>>>
>>> For anyone who knows of two or more people called Dan,
>>>
>>> Dan Tiktum
>>>
>>> https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/137238/ticktum-in-frame-to-replace-hartley-for-2019
>>
>> It's be good to see Tiktum out of Marcus Armstrongs way. So far this
>> year he's taken Marcus out of 3 races. That said I'd like to see
>> Brendon get a fair shake of the stick. It seems Toro Rosso is using
>> him as a sort of in-season tester - likely due to his age and
>> endurance car background. --
>> Shaun.
>>
>> "Humans will have advanced a long, long way when religious belief
>> has a cozy little classification in the DSM*."
>> David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
>> (*Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders)
>
> Given how experienced he is, I've not really seen any flashes of
> brilliance by Hartley. He's had bucket loads of bad luck of course,
> but he really isn't setting the world alight - a shame as he seems a
> nice guy, but he's not showing that he's an overlooked talent finally
> getting his chance.

I don't think he's a *great* driver either - rather a very good one who's
spent a long time endurance racing and is having trouble shaking the 'don't
take any risks' philisophy that goes with that type of racing. Coupled with
a chunk of bad luck.

He actually used to be quite Verstappen-esque and it took quite a few years
for him to stop trying to win on the first lap.

Willsy
2018-07-13 12:16:15 UTC

Kvyat was a much better driver than Hartley.
~misfit~
2018-07-13 23:44:01 UTC
Once upon a time on usenet Willsy wrote:
> On Thursday, 12 July 2018 23:38:03 UTC+1, ~misfit~ wrote:

>>> There is no "will" until he qualifies for a superlicence.
>>>
>>> For anyone who knows of two or more people called Dan,
>>>
>>> Dan Tiktum
>>>
>>> https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/137238/ticktum-in-frame-to-replace-hartley-for-2019
>>
>> It's be good to see Tiktum out of Marcus Armstrongs way. So far this
>> year he's taken Marcus out of 3 races. That said I'd like to see
>> Brendon get a fair shake of the stick. It seems Toro Rosso is using
>> him as a sort of in-season tester - likely due to his age and
>> endurance car background. --
>> Shaun.
>>
>> "Humans will have advanced a long, long way when religious belief
>> has a cozy little classification in the DSM*."
>> David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
>> (*Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders)
>
> Kvyat was a much better driver than Hartley.

Really? I didn't know Kvyat had acieved (much) more than a win at Le mans
and 2 x WEC champion.

You see how pointless short statements like that are?

2018-07-14 00:45:24 UTC

Fuck you.
Willsy
2018-07-16 09:07:08 UTC

Kvyat is a much better F1 driver than Hartley.
geoff
2018-07-16 09:23:26 UTC
On 16/07/2018 9:07 PM, Willsy wrote:

>> (*Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders)
>
> Kvyat is a much better F1 driver than Hartley.

Surely we've hardly had a chance to evaluate that yet.

2018-07-16 14:48:29 UTC
On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 3:23:33 AM UTC-6, geoff wrote:

> Surely we've hardly had a chance to evaluate that yet.

Speak for yourself.