Report: Porsche set to leave World Endurance Championship's LMP1 class | Autoweek
2017-07-27 16:03:51 UTC
End of 2017 season... buh-bye!

http://autoweek.com/article/sports-cars/report-porsche-set-leave-wec-lmp1
~misfit~
2017-07-28 02:50:59 UTC
End of 2017 season... buh-bye!
http://autoweek.com/article/sports-cars/report-porsche-set-leave-wec-lmp1
All gossip so far. Not "news" at all.

2017-07-28 03:21:30 UTC
End of 2017 season... buh-bye!
http://autoweek.com/article/sports-cars/report-porsche-set-leave-wec-lmp1
No official word yet, but this one has been running for a while.
Hornplayer9599
2017-07-28 04:25:47 UTC
End of 2017 season... buh-bye!
http://autoweek.com/article/sports-cars/report-porsche-set-leave-wec-l
mp1
Haven't read the article...yet. But if Porsche leaves, doesn't that
only leave Toyota in LMP1 (assuming they don't pull out as well)?
Kinda kills the class.
--
I don’t judge people based on color, race, religion, sexuality,
gender, ability, or size.
I base it on whether or not they’re an asshole.
Bobster
Correct. LMP1 is currently a class of two. If Porsche goes then it just leaves Toyota, and it gets hard for Toyota to demonstrate the spend when they're racing against nobody.
larkim
Aren't they adding "privateer" LMP1 cars next year?
Bobster
2017-07-28 10:51:11 UTC
Post by Hornplayer9599
Post by News
End of 2017 season... buh-bye!
http://autoweek.com/article/sports-cars/report-porsche-set-leave-wec-l
mp1
Haven't read the article...yet. But if Porsche leaves, doesn't that
only leave Toyota in LMP1 (assuming they don't pull out as well)?
Kinda kills the class.
Correct. LMP1 is currently a class of two. If Porsche goes then it just leaves Toyota, and it gets hard for Toyota to demonstrate the spend when they're racing against nobody.
Aren't they adding "privateer" LMP1 cars next year?
Yes. There are some privateer teams coming in with customer engines. I don't know if they'll all have the regenerative systems, and they won't have the power that Porsche currently have, but they'll probably be compensated in some way to try to equalise the fight a bit.

Time well tell whether they can actually live with the manufacturer teams.